'02 c2500hd ccsb

RoughRiderZ71

Reaction score
Guess i'll get around to making an actual build thread xD

My truck (daily driver) is a 2002 Chevy C2500HD CCSB. It has upwards of 109k miles. It is powered by a Vortec 8.1, with an Allison 1000 5-speed auto transmission on it.

The list of things I have done to it:
  • Alpine Head Unit
  • Volant Air Intake System
  • Custom Dual Exhaust
  • Weathertech Floor Mats
  • OE Allison Deep Transmission Pan
  • Mag-Hytec Differential Cover
  • Bilstein Steering Stabilizer
  • Bilstein 5100 Shock Absorbers

Old vs New steering stabilizer:

New steering stabilizer installed:

Old diff cover:

New diff cover:

The fluid I used in the diff:

Deep pan installed:

The fluid I used in the transmission:

New front shock absorber (I replaced both, but only uploaded 1 pic):

New rear shock absorber (I replaced both, but only uploaded 1 pic):

Driver's side floor mat:

Rear floor mat:

Engine bay:

Dash w/ Alpine head unit:

MYT HI

Reaction score
Looks nice. Where's the full exterior pics! How are you liking those weather techs? The salt and snow around here is killing my carpet and the factory mats aren't doing the job

Sent from my 5.3 powered iPhone

RoughRiderZ71

Reaction score
Looks nice. Where's the full exterior pics! How are you liking those weather techs? The salt and snow around here is killing my carpet and the factory mats aren't doing the job

Sent from my 5.3 powered iPhone
The mats are awesome.
Totally forgot exterior pics Dx
3d9ae295de264e4ad1ddddad2d22d455.jpg

168a2d1b33149b3889bd1c0f0e790da4.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RoughRiderZ71

Reaction score
New badges! And I finally got around to replacing the grille bowtie (the gold part with tape backing fell off a while ago)
e88ee39f89021d654ef3c24d5ba3498f.jpg

4f5deb68cf4d16486b0dfff01a565a9a.jpg

Bonecollector

Reaction score
This truck is awesome! Should have put that sweet Allison badge over the 2500HD like on the duramaxs [emoji41]

Looks like you need an exhaust [emoji48][emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Mag-Hytec stuff is the way to go. A little pricey but well worth it in the quality of the product.

And I did not know Bilstein had a steering stabilizer, my buddies '05 is probably well past due for a new one. I will have to pass the word along.

Oh, and random question.... how are you liking your floor coating in the garage? Debating on doing it on our new house when it is done.... before I move the prerunner into its new home.

Last edited:

RoughRiderZ71

Reaction score
I already have a dual exhaust on the truck xD and I thought about it, but then people would just assume it's a duramax. And yeah, I didn't realize it either, until my buddy put one on his 06. I do agree though, I love the quality of mag hytec stuff. And I like it. It makes cleaning the inevitable spill a lot easier than it was with just plain concrete in my old house.

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
I already have a dual exhaust on the truck xD and I thought about it, but then people would just assume it's a duramax. And yeah, I didn't realize it either, until my buddy put one on his 06. I do agree though, I love the quality of mag hytec stuff. And I like it. It makes cleaning the inevitable spill a lot easier than it was with just plain concrete in my old house.

Cool, thanks! Might have to do it the same time I paint the walls and ceiling before I move in.

And I notice on your tow mirror picture, that you have a couple of spots on the hood and roof that are fading. I would suggest dealing with that ASAP before it gets any worse. I only had a spot on my roof for like 6 months, and then within a year, the entire hood, roof and bedcover has no clear coat on it and it looks like garbage.

RoughRiderZ71

Reaction score
Cool, thanks! Might have to do it the same time I paint the walls and ceiling before I move in.

And I notice on your tow mirror picture, that you have a couple of spots on the hood and roof that are fading. I would suggest dealing with that ASAP before it gets any worse. I only had a spot on my roof for like 6 months, and then within a year, the entire hood, roof and bedcover has no clear coat on it and it looks like garbage.
It's been like that for a few years now lol

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Oh, you have been lucky then haha. I had one spot on the roof for like 6 months that never got any worse. And then probably about 6 months after that it all started going. Dreading on starting the process of getting quotes to get the truck resprayed.

RoughRiderZ71

Reaction score
Oh, you have been lucky then haha. I had one spot on the roof for like 6 months that never got any worse. And then probably about 6 months after that it all started going. Dreading on starting the process of getting quotes to get the truck resprayed.
Yeah haha. I have a couple spots in the roof, and the ones in the hood. I wash it regularly, so it has mitigated a lot of the issue

Bonecollector

Reaction score

What kind of exhaust? Are these 8.1L pretty loud?

RoughRiderZ71

Reaction score
What kind of exhaust? Are these 8.1L pretty loud?

It was custom. Dual exit at 45* on each corner, with a Magnaflow muffler of some sort. And it's not too bad, actually. Makes a hearty growl, and sounds awesome at wide open. However, when the fan kicks on (thermal clutch), that's pretty much all you hear unless you put the hammer down.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Is the exhaust similar to the 6.0L? They can be true dualed pretty easy.

I have only seen a handful of 8.1L they seem to be quite rare, did they all have the Allison?

RoughRiderZ71

Reaction score
Is the exhaust similar to the 6.0L? They can be true dualed pretty easy.

I have only seen a handful of 8.1L they seem to be quite rare, did they all have the Allison?

I've never had a chance to look at the exhaust setup on a 6.0-equipped truck, so I couldn't really tell you.
And the trucks with 8.1s all had the Allison. The Suburbans and Avalanches that had that engine got the 4L80E.

RoughRiderZ71

Reaction score
I call the 8.1L trucks "DURAGAS"

It's a beast of a motor. Sure, it only gets 8-10mpg city, but for the model year, it had more horsepower, and only like 30 less pound-feet of torque than the duramax. My father and I have done stuff with this truck that lesser vehicles would have gone pale-faced at the thought of doing.

Members online

No members online now.