2000 Gay Mans Chariot ----Solid Axle Swap to come soon---

aggieman

Reaction score
Howdy guys, I am an undergrad in engineering at TAMU and have been in the gmt400 game since I turned 16. I had my truck totalled by some dumb no driving tool (5 weeks after finishing my solid axle swap). So now on to my new build on my new to me 2000 GMC 1500. Currently has a 5" superlift knuckle lift and a 3" body.

Future Plans:
Paint to match -
handles
tow mirrors
valance
rear bumper
Retrofit Projectors-
dual mini H1s with chrome housings and PTM shrouds
Window Tint-
5% on back 3 and 10% fronts and a brow
SOLID AXLE SWAP!-
this is obviously the biggest part to my build. I am planning either leafs for simplicity or running a radius arm/4 link (either one) if I can save up enough. Obviously parallel 4 link would be best but I'm balling on the college kid budget hah

Hope ya'll enjoy the progress and I'll be glad to take any questions and update as much as I can.

My SAS obs:

New project:

Cosmetic issues:

(fixed other small issues with some paint I had mixed and did the emblem so far

pretty awesome color, looks orange in light and then gets to a dark maroon metallic in the shade

And then lastly for now, had to polish the crap out of these eagles. Still not up to my standards:

I didn't stay up to date on my last build thread but I'm gonna attempt to check and update this one a few times a day.
Have a good one, and take it easy boys.

Last edited:

aggieman

Reaction score
Did a little cleaning today and added some some infinity kappa 6.5s up front and a did a double din swap. Next will be dual 10s and rear speakers. Also finally got around to scrubbing the leather interior down and it came out great. Will update with pics tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online