2004 6.0 E-fans conversion??

TheCaddyMan99

Reaction score
I've seen recently a video about converting to the factory e-fans on 2003-2004 models, and I'm very interested in doing so. I never really cared for conventional clutch fan systems, not only because they just rob power, but it takes up too much space. and with almost 210k miles on my ESV, I don't want to have to be removing all that plastic, the fan shrouds and then have to have the clutch fan tool on hand when my water pump goes. the difference in power between my 05 EXT and my 04 ESV is very noticeable and I'm sure without this piece of garbage hanging off the front of the motor, I could be getting slightly better MPGs.

regardless, every guide I've seen, says the same thing, wire it to three relays two pins to the PCM and two connectors to the fans, but I haven't heard much about programming, all I know is that I have to code the ECU so that it knows when to trigger the fans. I've seen a video using HPTuners, which I understand is a nice tool, but I don't have access to that, I was wondering if the same thing could be accomplished with a TechII or some other tool like that.

any advice is appreciated

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.