2007 CCSB Classic

cowboy63645

Reaction score
I bought this truck in February 2013. Had 98K on the odometer and got it way below value thanks to someone keying the driver side of the truck while it was siting on the lot, it having a cracked windshield and the knock sensors being out. This is the second day I owned it, already putting it to work.

One of the first things I did was remove the chrome bull bar and do the 6 Hi mod. Still one of the best things I have done to this truck.

While this truck does have the factory Bose sound system, it was still lacking, so I upgraded the head unit, door speakers, added another sub and amp.

cowboy63645

Reaction score
Next up was replacing the tires. When I bought it, it had 255/70/17 street tires and they were not cutting it getting me in and out of the fields and into my hunting and fishing spots. So I replaced the tires with 265/70/17 Geolander AT/S tires. These tires have done everything I have wanted to thus far but I will be upgrading them soon.

I then added LED interior lights, which was a nice upgrade. In the second picture you can see the difference in the stock lights and the LED light.

I also added a set of light mounts for my Maglite as I do a lot of night wheeling and having a flashlight in the truck is much needed!

cowboy63645

Reaction score
Then comes the fun stuff. I added a Rough Country leveling kit with the N2.0 shocks. The truck does ride slightly stiffer than it did stock, but not all that harsh like I have heard horror stories about. When I added the leveling kit I also added a set of Mickey Thompson Classic Lock wheels, all black. Both these pictures are before the leveling kit.

Next up was I decided having the windows tinted that I needed more light in the rear of the truck. So I added a set of LED lights in the rear bumper. You can also see where I have moved the trailer hook up into the rear bumper as well, on the left side of the license plate.

Naturally I had to have a place to keep all my tools, recovery gear, hunting pack, fishing pole, etc, so I added an in bed tool box.

Now, the things I have done that you cant see. I have added an Airaid intake tube, kept the factory air box and put in an K&N air filter. I have swapped all fluids to Amsoil synthetic which did make a noticeable difference in how the truck runs. A black Bear tune was next and this was by far the best money I have spent yet. It really woke the truck up and also picked up a couple MPG on the highway.

My next set of plans are a set of LT headers, remove the cats and put a 3" Y-pipe in place of the factory Y-pipe, this will run to a small body Magnaflow muffler into a 4" tip dumped at the rear axle. A set of 4.11 gears front and rear, 1.5" body lift and a set of 285/70/17 trail grappler tires are in the near future as well as a 20" LED light bar behind the front grill.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Nice truck!! Welcome to the site! Looking forward to see what else you do to your truck! I like the lights In the bumper, is that a kit?

cowboy63645

Reaction score
Thanks, the lights didn't come as a kit. I found the pair on eBay and wired them in to come on with my reverse lights and then added a separate switch so I can turn them on when I need them otherwise.

cowboy63645

Reaction score
Thats awesome, how'd you flush mount install them in the bumper?

I spent a lot of time with a hole saw and dremel lol. I will have to find the picture of the lights themselves. They are set up to be flush mounted. These lights are just like the rigid industries flush mounts but are made by Totron I believe. Great light output and one of the best mods I have done to the truck yet. Well worth the money.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
That'd be great! I'm very interested in it, I'll either do what you did or I'll mount one on the side of my hidden hitch

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Really interested in those flush mounts as well...would be cool to have a couple in the front bumper too! Also, do you have more info on your stereo upgrade? Did you completely bypass the factory bose? I've heard the bose is hard work with so I haven't really messed with mine but I'd like something a bit better

cowboy63645

Reaction score
If mud and crap collects on those fins, will they overheat and fail? The rear bumper is kind of a catch-all for everything that flies up from the rear tires.

I am kind of watching it here and there for stuff collecting on the fins, but so far so good. No over heating issues and nothing to speak of collecting on them.

cowboy63645

Reaction score
Really interested in those flush mounts as well...would be cool to have a couple in the front bumper too! Also, do you have more info on your stereo upgrade? Did you completely bypass the factory bose? I've heard the bose is hard work with so I haven't really messed with mine but I'd like something a bit better

These lights would be great in a front bumper as well, but with having the 6-hi mod and a 20" LED light bar on the way, I don't see me needing anymore light out front. I replaced all the door speakers, stereo and added a sub and amp. I retained the factory sub under the center console and the factory Bose amp and tweeters by using an adapter to basically just add to the system. I do not remember where I got the adapter from but I will check and see if I can find out exactly.

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
These lights would be great in a front bumper as well, but with having the 6-hi mod and a 20" LED light bar on the way, I don't see me needing anymore light out front. I replaced all the door speakers, stereo and added a sub and amp. I retained the factory sub under the center console and the factory Bose amp and tweeters by using an adapter to basically just add to the system. I do not remember where I got the adapter from but I will check and see if I can find out exactly.

That would be awesome if you could grab me some more info. I've been wanting to upgrade my stereo but bose is such a pain to work with ...

cowboy63645

Reaction score
That would be awesome if you could grab me some more info. I've been wanting to upgrade my stereo but bose is such a pain to work with ...

http://www.pac-audio.com/default.aspx

This is who I went through to get the interface in order to keep all of the bose components and onstar working correctly as well as my steering wheel controls. They can be a bit pricey but IMO it was money well spent. Also, when you find the one you need for your truck, check ebay as many times you can find the one you need through a different supplier and it will be cheaper. Hope this helps you out.

Members online