8 lug swap?

nate3531

Reaction score
If I wanted to upgrade the rear of my truck to the 8 lug 14b sf, how hard would it be to convert the front hubs to 8 lug also? Would it be as simple as changing the CVs, wheel hubs, brakes? or is there more to it?

nate3531

Reaction score
Nic Shealy The entire front is different. Try everything is different. And nothing bolts up. There was a guy on GMFS who swapped in the 9.25 front diff and has had nothing but problems.

reply I got on the facebook page. So plan now is to proceed with an OBS 6 lug 14b swap. This will require moving the spring perches be moved from 47" c2c to 49". Basically each one will need to be ground off and new ones welded on 1" wider on each side.

Also will need to figure out the spacers needed to use the existing disc brakes. I will link the thread I gathered this info from when I start gathering parts. Will do it sooner if there is interest in it.

DMarts10

Reaction score
look for a nbs silvy ss rear or a 1500hd rear. Both are 14 bolt sf and 6 lug. I believe rpo code AXN. This rear should be bolt in.

nate3531

Reaction score
look for a nbs silvy ss rear or a 1500hd rear. Both are 14 bolt sf and 6 lug. I believe rpo code AXN. This rear should be bolt in.

The SS is for sure, but every 1500HD I have looked at is an 8 lug. I was actually considering selling my truck and buying a 1500HD so I have been looking at them. Is there a 99+ that is 6 lug for sure?

962000chevy

Reaction score
From what I've read. The SS rear is not a true 6 lug 14b. It's some kinda hybrid bastardization that uses a 9.5" center and 8.5/8.6 axle shafts.

Nic

Members online

No members online now.