86 crew cab swap on 00 sierra chassis

Jeremykerr

Reaction score
Hello my name is jeremy and this is my first post on here.
I have a 2000 gmc sierra, ext cab, short bed, 4x4, auto, stock chassis minus swapping to 4.10:1 gearing.
And my other truck is a long project, a 86 chevrolet crew cab (3+3) 2wd long bed.

I've been comparing dimensions between to 2 trucks and as far as the dash width and interior width all seems pretty close. I'm debating cutting the body off my sierra, removing the front clip, and bed, leaving the complete chassis with cab floor, firewall, and dash all in place. Then cutting the floor, firewall, and dash out of the 86 squarebody 3+3 and grafting that body on to the sierra floor/firewall.

Obviously the bed will need to be cut down to fit the new chassis once the cab is in place and new mounts will need to be fabricated.

The front of the dash/ bottom of the windshield area seems to be about 10" vloser to the centerline of the front wheels, but in my head i think i could leave that and cheat the cab back to center the wheels in the fenders. Probably having to cut the top of the dash back and fabricating a new cowl under the hood to cover that area.

Does anyone know of someone that has tried a project like this, maybe have info or even pics?
Any input on if you think it is or isn't possible?

I think the ride of the sierra would be much nicer than the squarebody, plus air bags, ac, 4 wheel disk brakes, 4wd, ect ect

Members online

No members online now.