Bonecollector's 2005 GMC Sierra

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Hey all!

Figured I'd try my hand at a build thread, I'm also a member of GMT400.com and love that site! keeps my DD on the road and running great

Anyways back to my 2005 Sierra....

It was originally my dads truck, he purchased it from a dodge dealership in 2006 with 25,000 km and a blown tranny, previous owner drove around in 3rd gear all the time and fried it, my dad was interested in the truck so he called GM and asked if this vehicle still had warranty they said yes we can put a new tranny in, so he bought it and had it fixed

I bought the truck off him when it had 155,000km on it in 2012, shortly after that i bought a 4.5 inch BDS lift kit for it, rear leafs and all, 33x12.50 toyo open countries and flat black moto metal rims, put a flow master super 50 cat back on it, airiad throttle body spacer also put super bright all LED tail lights (stolen not long ago) and HIDs in HI/LO/Fogs with the high beam lo beam relay

As of last week it has 180,000 km on her

looking forward to sharing all the mods and work i do on her in the future

cheers

Attachments

• image 2.jpg
    image 2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 155
  • image 3.jpg
    image 3.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 155

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Thanks man

forgot to mention my trucks a 1500 Crew Cab 5.5ft box SLE with all the stock housings haha

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Its pretty good, solid too, install wasn't too hard either, i like the set of rear leafs that came with it, can still tow if i need, front end gets way beefier aswell

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Heres another pic of the truck, any kind of add ons are kinda at a standstill, in school at the moment

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 17

Erki

Reaction score
Looks good. Hows the flowmaster 50 for drone and is it pretty loud? My magnaflow i think is getting louder or I'm getting older. But i usually wake my kid up from his nap when i get home if i don't coast around the corner.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I can't hear the 50 series on the highway or in town because of my 33x12.5 open countries all I hear is tire noise, I'm going to do a true dual with 2 mufflers, the 50 series sounds good on the outside but I want louder though haha, your truck has the 6.0L so it would be louder than my 5.3L I think

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Things I want to do:

-redo my exhaust true dual
-cold air intake
-narrower tires and rims
-tonneau cover
-upgrade interior lighting to LEDs
-steering wheel with controls
-tuned computer or tuner
-cowel hood

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Got my exhaust finished up by a shop, got tired of the old one falling off all the time, sadly wasnt a true dual system :( but i did switch to a magna flow muffler and put some sweet 18" long 3.5" opening tips on and they look awesome! and i can hear it over my tires a bit better, I'm very happy with the outcome

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 14
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 14
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 15

Erki

Reaction score
A buddy of mine is trying to get me to sell my rims to him. so im on the lookout for some different ones. im going back and forth if I should get something set out more.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I'd show the tire shop the rims you have and say I want the same offset on the new ones

Sent from the Sierra Club

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Thanks man, I'll add some more pics now there is Tapatalk, it was hard before

Bonecollector

Reaction score
e5ygyhy5.jpg
ju2uzypy.jpg

Bonecollector

Reaction score
avyzegyh.jpg
a2a6y2u2.jpg
ajege2eq.jpg
nasesetu.jpg

All older pictures, I can't have all 6 on, but I can do 4 at a time, either hi and lo or lo and fog

I've found that 5000k 35w is way brighter than 6000k 35w, my 05 has 6000k 35w in both lows and fogs, in the highs it has 10,000k 55w, my 2002 will be getting 5000k 35w and I'll put pics up when I've installed it all

Members online

No members online now.