Bow tie painting

Bonecollector

Reaction score
If your going to prime it, make sure you put a primer that your paint will adhere to or is compatible with, or it will turn all wrinkly and flake off

Sent from Team Sierra

2003tahoe

Reaction score
plasti dip it first and see how it looks peel it off and paint it
thats how i decided to bedline mine then i went to the entire grill

silverado13

Reaction score
I've seen tons of pueter trucks with black bow ties. I don't wanna use platidip. And what do you mean compatibility. How can you tell

sewlow

Reaction score
West Coast, Canada. 800' from the border.
I got mine off of ebay. Lotsa different sizes & sellers. Make sure that you compare. Sometimes it's cheaper to buy more than what you need. A good plan, too. (the oops factor!) Just as long as it says '3m' on the backing paper & you should be O.K. If they don't designate it as '3M Di-Noc', avoid it.
There's a few vids on youtube on how to work with it.
Mine's been on there for about 2 years now. All kinds of weather, & a ton of washings. No problem.

sewlow

Reaction score
West Coast, Canada. 800' from the border.
Pretty easy. The vinyl doesn't add a whole lotta thickness. Just watch that it doesn't get built up with to many or too big of wrinkles on the backside where it butts up against the grill.

This has been one of my favorite mods. Driving down the road, coming at ya, it looks black. Formal attire!
It's not until I'm at some shop working, where it's parked among other gearheads that someone will notice. Most don't realize it's a wrap.
"Where'd you get that, man?" "How much?"
The occasional pedestrian walking past in a crosswalk will notice. Double take. One guy actually stopped to look closer. Asked a bunch of questions. Hey! I'm in rush hour traffic here! Too funny!
Other guys with theirs painted check it out too.
It's subtle but different.

Members online

No members online now.