FNG from Va

jhama78

Reaction score
Greetings all, joined up last spring after i picked up my 06 at an auction. been slowly fixing it up as funds and time allow. have gotten everything squared away except headliner and a slight dead spot in the steering. Already gone through the whole front end as well as steering box, intermediate shaft and lower column bushing, still have about 5/8" of a dead spot/slop in the steering wheel itself. thinking at this point that its the joint in the tilt column.

Anyway here it is in all its glory, auction fresh with 98k miles still wearing its work clothes to daily driver status, and finally the lipstick on a pig wheels i scooped for it. :cool::cool::cool:

06 stages.jpg

methods.png

Last edited:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings all, joined up last spring after i picked up my 06 at an auction. been slowly fixing it up as funds and time allow. have gotten everything squared away except headliner and a slight dead spot in the steering. Already gone through the whole front end as well as steering box, intermediate shaft and lower column bushing, still have about 5/8" of a dead spot/slop in the steering wheel itself. thinking at this point that its the joint in the tilt column.

Anyway here it is in all its glory, action fresh with 98k miles still wearing its work clothes to daily driver status, and finally the lipstick on a pig wheels i scooped for it. :cool::cool::cool:

View attachment 736

View attachment 737

Holy crap, what I transformation! Looks good. How did you find GMT800 last year, through a link I posted on another one of my forums, or search engine?

jhama78

Reaction score
Holy crap, what I transformation! Looks good. How did you find GMT800 last year, through a link I posted on another one of my forums, or search engine?

Thanks!

I actually googled GMT800 forums to find this place.

I was already on GMT400 forums and figured it was a logical search with as many of these trucks as are on the road.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I actually googled GMT800 forums to find this place.

I was already on GMT400 forums and figured it was a logical search with as many of these trucks as are on the road.

Sweet!

jhama78

Reaction score
I like that old girl. What did ya give for her?
Got the rig for @ 4500 and have probably spent @10k since then fixing all the little things that got neglected when it was a fleet/work truck.

jhama78

Reaction score
Them Methods should look good on it.

I think so, they came up for sale semi locally at a price I couldnt pass up. If they dont look right I wont have any prob getting my money back out of them. Will probably be a while before they go on the truck though. Not gonna dip into savings just o buy a new set of tires for these wheels. Will probably wait until I get into travel season for work and the fun money account grows a little bit. :cool:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Anyway here it is in all its glory, auction fresh with 98k miles still wearing its work clothes to daily driver status, and finally the lipstick on a pig wheels i scooped for it. :cool::cool::cool:

View attachment 736

View attachment 737

You put them on yet?

jhama78

Reaction score
Not yet, probably wait until later this spring once I get back from a work trip so I can use some OT cash to pick up a new set of 285s. ALso will be after they are done spreading salt on the roads for snow.

Members online

No members online now.