Fuel tank interchange...

Idahoan6_0

Reaction score
Hey all, currently gathering parts to convert my short bed 2500 to a long bed. Trans gave out after a little incident where my sleeve somehow caught the shifter when I swerved around the deer, and I figured I might as well do the swap while the truck is down.
I picked up a wrecked parts truck, intending to resell the good parts, scrap the rest, and use the fuel tank and some of the wiring for my swap. Issue is, it's a 07 late model 2500. I looked on rock auto, and the part numbers match up for the 02 35 gallon tank and 07+ 35 gallon tank. Will it bolt right in? The evap system definitely looks different, would that just be a matter of swapping the valve in the back and the pump with the correct year pump? Gas 6.0l motor, not diesel. Any help is appreciated...

I am aware the wiring is different in the rear... I'll be cutting my '02 harness back behind the fuel pump pigtails, and splicing in the '07 section. Going to a flatbed anyways, so wiring all has to get redone back there.

Erki

Reaction score
Sorry i cant answer your questions. But following for progress. I often wish i had gotten a long bed truck. Way more useful.

Members online

No members online now.