Gas tank will only take just a tiny bit of gas

Erki

Reaction score
I have this problem in my rat rod thats on an 04 chassis. Its not a good fix but i found a hose underneath by the charcoal canister that i can disconnect and itll fill as fast as you want. Ive cut the hose and stuck a piece of hard line into it. When i pull up to the pump i slide under. Separate the hose. Fill my tank, then connect the hose back together. It works but should just get a new charcoal canister i think. If i can I'll slide under and take a picture tomorrow.

Erki

Reaction score
Oh shoot i totally forgot about this today. Now I probably wont be back out to the shop until next Wednesday now. Sorry

Erki

Reaction score
A few pictures of my splice that i can just un plug before filling. Then i just plug it back in. I havent tried just leaving it unplugged. Maybe it would be fine. Just a fuel vent right by my exhaust dumps. 20220223_160914.jpg20220223_160928.jpg20220223_160910.jpg

smither

Reaction score
thanks man, I will have to get it jacked up to check it out.
I've had to to deal with the same issue of not being able to fill up. Had to replace the charcoal canister. Trick to it not happening again is to quit pumping gas when the handle clicks. Don't keep adding gas to get to an even dollar amount. The charcoal canister gets soaked and that starts the problem.

Members online

No members online now.