Hello from LA

PrplGld

Reaction score
...not L.A.

I'm driving & maintaining a 2005 GMC Sierra 4x4 W/T (4.8L) with ~253k miles. I bought it with 164k miles in 2018.

This is a video I shot from the driver's seat. We were rushing from the hunting camp after the Mississippi river was forecast to rise a few more inches overnight. Water got up to the floor of my truck, found the carpet wet the next morning.

At the :03 mark you can see a wooden stake with orange marking tape, it is marking the edge of the bridge. The second half of the video is later in the year showing the exact same location with a normal water level.

The truck in front of me is also an '05 GM with the same ride height. Shortly after this I had to replace both rear drive shaft u-joints, both front wheel hubs, and, for good measure, diff fluids.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...not L.A.

I'm driving & maintaining a 2005 GMC Sierra 4x4 W/T (4.8L) with ~253k miles. I bought it with 164k miles in 2018.

This is a video I shot from the driver's seat. We were rushing from the hunting camp after the Mississippi river was forecast to rise a few more inches overnight. Water got up to the floor of my truck, found the carpet wet the next morning.

At the :03 mark you can see a wooden stake with orange marking tape, it is marking the edge of the bridge. The second half of the video is later in the year showing the exact same location with a normal water level.

The truck in front of me is also an '05 GM with the same ride height. Shortly after this I had to replace both rear drive shaft u-joints, both front wheel hubs, and, for good measure, diff fluids.

Wow, so the stakes were marking the bridge? If those weren't there, bye bye truck. Thanks for making your way back here and posting up an intro after all these years you been registered. :p

PrplGld

Reaction score
Wow, so the stakes were marking the bridge? If those weren't there, bye bye truck. Thanks for making your way back here and posting up an intro after all these years you been registered. :p

Yep. It was leave then, or wait till morning with 2-6 more inches of water, and maybe unable to see the stakes...

Good to be here, will be doing some work soon so I'll need some input
happy0144.gif

monster-truck-1.gif

Members online

No members online now.