is it worth it?

silverado13

Reaction score
okay final decision, ive been waiting all week to order a 3 inch leveling kit from rough country, its just blocks and keys with new shocks all the way around, but i was looking at some videos last night on youtube, and i dont really ever see a difference with the leveling kit, i will eventually get a 6 inch lift but im not ready to dump a grand into this truck yet, so i want to start off smaller with the leveling kit, so like the title.......is it worth it?

silverado13

Reaction score
well general maintaince aside, and also i noticed today, that in the back, my truck has 1.5-2 inch blocks already back there, it appears to be from the factory, i just want lift

Erki

Reaction score
Depends on worth it...it will make the truck look good for sure. Your ride will suffer from the crank. Some dont mind but im ready for the full lift not cranked now after a year of being leveled and a rock hard ride. But im pretty much cranked to max.

silverado13

Reaction score
but it appears that they are 2 inch blocks, so why replace 2 inch blocks with 2 inch blocks lol, im wondering if im better off just buying the keys

silverado13

Reaction score
i thought i read that it raises, the rear 2 inches and the front 3, thus leveling it, i think i need to go look again

cowboy63645

Reaction score
The factory block is 2", the one that comes with the kit is 3". So, you are gaining an inch of lift in the rear. When I installed my lift, I put the blocks in first and new u bolts. I then put the front keys in and cranked to level. The bolts are almost completely out, and I am sitting within 1/2" front to back. The ride did stiffen up but not to the point most have said. It was worth the money, as the truck does sit higher, looks better and the benefit of fitting a larger tire. From my measurements the front was a little over an inch shorter than the rear of the truck, so by adding an inch to the rear and then cranking level, you are gaining a little over 2" in the front.

mjulezjr88

Reaction score
I bought the rough country leveling kit for my 03 sierra 1/2 ton (non z71) and I gained 2 3/4" in the front (busted an axle and dropped it down to 2") and welded a 1" block ontop of the 3 inch block they gave me and I am completely satisfied with it. It sits a little higher than a stock 3/4 ton and for $200 bucks it was well worth it. Just make sure you check the torque of the u-bolts a couple times after installing. I can fit a 33" tire no problem without any rubbing

Last edited:

silverado13

Reaction score
I bought the rough country leveling kit for my 03 sierra 1/2 ton (non z71) and I gained 2 3/4" in the front (busted an axle and dropped it down to 2") and welded a 1" block ontop of the 3 inch block they gave me and I am completely satisfied with it. It sits a little higher than a stock 3/4 ton and for $200 bucks it was well worth it. Just make sure you check the torque of the u-bolts a couple times after installing. I can fit a 33" tire no problem without any rubbing

do you have pics?

Z -56 Hoe

Reaction score
Whaly not get the pro comp leveling kit and CST 4" spindles I did it to my wifes 02 and did not even crank the aftermarket keys and it clears 35X12-50R20s

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Your stock blocks are 1.5 inch, you replace them with the 3 inch blocks in the kit which kit are you looking at? Sounds like one I might be interested in

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.