key fob question

nate3531

Reaction score
well, ebay is pretty good, but I use Amazon. model specific search. No reason to get a tahoe fob with hatch release with a truck.
Like this one [ame]http://www.amazon.com/2001-2002-Chevrolet-Silverado-Keyless-Programming/dp/B009E9J1Y4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1406256082&sr=8-4&keywords=key+fob+silverado[/ame]

Reaction score
On other forums, there is many posts about the Key Fob's.
Do you know how to activate the Fob?
THERE IS A NUMBER ON THE BACK OF THE FOB, YOU LOOK AT THAT NUMBER AND FIND ANOTHER FOB OF THE SAME SERIES.
The body control module should be located in the passenger side front door.
If you hold down both buttons on the top of the fob while standing near the vehicle the locks should pulse one time - lock, unlock, lock.
That resets the FOB.

Yes you can buy used FOBs on Fleabay for about $50, or you can buy new ones from the dealer for about $60.00 each!

bigcountry78

Reaction score
Don't know if this helps or not, but if the part numbers you find have any pics, the one you need should only have three buttons. Lock, unlock and a red panis button. That's how both of my 2006 fobs are. Unfortunately that's all I have to offer.

Reaction score
You people are so naive, you can go to the parts counter of any GM dealer, give them the Vin and they can run the VIN and tell you which fob is for that vehicle.
Why would you waste money on something that probably won't work!
From what I can remember, there is something like 12 different frequencies that GM uses with those Key Fobs and the chances of you getting the exact same one is one in twelve.

silverado13

Reaction score
You people are so naive, you can go to the parts counter of any GM dealer, give them the Vin and they can run the VIN and tell you which fob is for that vehicle.
From what I can remember, there is something like 12 different frequencies that GM uses with those Key Fobs and the chances of you getting the exact same one is one in twelve.

naive? or is it that i am not naive and dont trust dealerships? id rather waste $18, assuming its the wrong one, then go to the dealer for anything

nate3531

Reaction score
I have bought several from Amazon and ebay and never got one that wouldn't program. Stealerships are just that, a rip off. I know guys that work for them and don't even buy their own parts there. They do use the shop to work on their trucks but bring their own parts.

silverado13

Reaction score

just an update for someone who is sooooo naive, got my key fob in the mail today, P/N 15732803, and big suprise, it works perfectly, and i didnt have to go deal with the BS that the dealer has to offer, point being, at a cost of $18, right or wrong, it was worth it, luckily i was right

2003tahoe

Reaction score
just an update for someone who is sooooo naive, got my key fob in the mail today, P/N 15732803, and big suprise, it works perfectly, and i didnt have to go deal with the BS that the dealer has to offer, point being, at a cost of $18, right or wrong, it was worth it, luckily i was right

im glad for you man now if you would listen to me to sell the truck to me next year lol

silverado13

Reaction score
lol cant do that, havent even got done paying it off yet, i think its gonna take a while to get used to having a key fob, considering its my first vehicle with one

19trax95

Reaction score
I guess we're all in the same boat. Haha. The first week of owning my 01 I probably used the key to open it at least 5 days. My 95 had only the key.

I'm used to it now though. I should order another fob being it came with 2 sets of keys but only 1 fob

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.