MAF sensor connected to transmission?

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Just wondering, how big of a role does my MAF sensor play with my transmission? I know my sensor is dirty and my truck is showing symptoms of it sometimes. On occasion my truck shifts funny. I don't want to buy a new maf sensor unless I know it will fix the problem. I got a dirty maf sensor from the junk yard to experiment cleaning on before I touch mine. It didn't seem to come very clean though. Is it worth cleaning it? Is there a possibility of me messing anything up?

Sent from Team Sierra

2003tahoe

Reaction score
Dont touch it with anything go to autozone and buy the maf cleaner about 7.99 for a can and its also gray. I used that stuff on a h3 and it fixed it and ran good after that. And if you touch it the wires can break trust me, my friend made that mistake and had to buy an new one if the cleaner doesnt work you didnt waste much

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
I have this

790dd67c9f0d16442e515b13ddf50137.jpg

And this

1eae4bcb735ffdcd1a323aaa95c06805.jpg

Sent from Team Sierra

2003tahoe

Reaction score
yea pretty much same thing we got crc but diff label just spray that on it and should fix the problem if its just dirty
Edit: i see why its diff its the canadian version

Bonecollector

Reaction score
According to fellow Canadians we don't have a truck scene up here.... My house hold owns 3 GMC Sierras and 2 Chevy silverados, don't know where he's from obviously not the same part as canada as me

Sent from Team Sierra

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Nope haven't touched it, truck stalled on me twice last week haven't really looked in to anything at all, been driving my dads truck for the most part since then, drove mine a few times and every time it seems to run and drive like a dime again so I'm not sure. Thursday it's going to the dealer for an inspection and tune up and any repairs they may find, I told them about the MAF sensor being dirty not sure if they'll touch it. Thinking they're probably not gonna wanna work on it cause my intake isn't stock. will keep you updated

Sent from Team Sierra

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Forgot to update this, well my truck went to the dealer for a tranny service and cleaned mad and throttle body. Much better now

Sent from Team Sierra

silverado13

Reaction score
im not sure about gmt800s but i know for a fact that gmt400s, the mafs and the transmission is on the same circuit, so if could be related

01ssreda4

Reaction score
Mafs tell the computer about engine load. Engine load dictates shift pressures and timing. Quite simple.

Members online

No members online now.