My 02 Silveraydo 1500 Z71

badazzbulldog

Reaction score
figured I would throw together a thread on my saved from the scrapyard 02 z71.The truck came into the yard my buddy runs last september it sat for 4 yrs prior to being sent to the yard.The day it showed up I jumped right on it it was missing the keys so I removed the ignition and grabbed one with a key from a tahoe that was there threw a battery in it after a few minutes got it fired.was running real rough from the old gas.well winter set in and here in mass we got wailed with a record snowfall thru feb into march.So it sat till a few weeks ago when another friend of mine moved it to my house on his ramp truck.As of now I have replaced a few injectors starting to run smoother still has about an1/8th of a tank of bad gas with some good mixed in gotta finish running it to empty.So far I have the 33's off of the 99 xcab we had that got totalled back in feb on it took out the jumpseat and installed a console and new door panels,cab visor and and a few other small things here are the pics so far I have taken.

Kkirwan71

Reaction score
Nice! Also nice to see another person from gmt400 on here

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Looks like a pretty good truck that got saved from salvage, looks like a sweet heavy bumper is in order haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badazzbulldog

Reaction score
spent today doing a new fuel pump 8 new coils wires and fpr,since the bed is unbolted gonna start the body lift in the next few days,and found one small leak in the brake line from the master down to the abs module.

GMC4x4

Reaction score
Looking good. I wish I had some time and money to put into either of my trucks. But family sucks all that up quick.

badazzbulldog

Reaction score
thanks,to be honest with you the only things I had to buy was the fuel pump and pressure regulator.Everything else is stuff I have had sitting around that I have collected down the salvage yard off of trucks that they pull from inventory to crush.Pays to have a good friend running the place

MYT HI

Reaction score
thanks yours is coming along nicely,are you gonna paint it the same color it is? reminds me of the 99 we had
That's the plan. I'm going to add factory color matched flares and a cowl or hd hood along with a wheels, tires, etc

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

badazzbulldog

Reaction score
are you talking about the turn signal/running light section or the drl part? all the bulbs are 3157 leds 18 smd white in the turn signals and amber and white in drls,cut drl wire and connected those to a speed tech lighting led strobe module and that has 8 or 9 different flash patterns also connected to that is the grille leds which are a set of the auto zone led strobes made by alpina that i found in a 94 chevy 1500 plow truck grille at the junk yard

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.