My 02 Silveraydo 1500 Z71

Kkirwan71

Reaction score
are you talking about the turn signal/running light section or the drl part? all the bulbs are 3157 leds 18 smd white in the turn signals and amber and white in drls,cut drl wire and connected those to a speed tech lighting led strobe module and that has 8 or 9 different flash patterns also connected to that is the grille leds which are a set of the auto zone led strobes made by alpina that i found in a 94 chevy 1500 plow truck grille at the junk yard
Yes the drl with the strobe

sent from my glade air freshner

Kkirwan71

Reaction score
I like that alot I may have to give it a go.

badazzbulldog

Reaction score
its cheap for the control head and switch if you go that route.I got the switch and control from a fire dept crown vic at the jy my only cost was the leds at $20 for the pair

Kkirwan71

Reaction score
I already have a switch in my truck from my traffic advisor. So you just used 2 3157 led bulbs?

badazzbulldog

Reaction score
the main power is at the switch box that is powered in the fuse panel on side of dash key on fuse.and its grounded to the metal frame in lower dash.as for under the hood there is a line from the switch panel to the strobe unit and from there wired to each drl socket hard to take pics as its run in the casing for the plow wiring.but its pretty basic pos and neg from one out put to the right side and pos/neg to the left.and the grille lights are right side to pos/neg on left drl and left to the right drl which gives it the alternating affect.

MYT HI

Reaction score
Is that a aluminum front skid plate or just painted silver

Sent from my 5.3 powered iPhone

badazzbulldog

Reaction score
painted plastic,but i do have a diamond plate one that my sons friend made a few years ago in metal shop at school I have to polish it up and get that one on

Kkirwan71

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about the pods in the fog light locations otherwise the truck is coming along nicely

badazzbulldog

Reaction score
i have to sink them in a little further than what their at right now,also thinking of getting the factory z71 lights and doing led bulbs in those instead.also bought a 2013 fisher minute mount 2 plow a few weeks ago for it. just ordered h13 led bulbs for the headlights in that

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.