Non-GMT800 part help needed.

sewlow

Reaction score
West Coast, Canada. 800' from the border.
Hoping someone, anyone, can help me out here with this.
'59 Impala convertible.
Maybe some of you wrecker rats, old tin photographers, parts hoarders, someone with a hulk rusting away in the lower 40, anyone that knows or has a connection to a friend of a friend that has a lead or can point me in the right direction.
I'm in dire need of this part.
The stainless strip on the top part of the door panel. The long one. For the driver's door.
This part is NOT being reproduced!
It's the long piece that's about 2-3" down, running the length of the door under the little vertical chrome strips. Matches up with the short one on the rear 1/4.

If any of you guys have even the faintest hint, an inkling, a rumor, of knowing where one is, please, please, please, hit me up with a P.M! I'll follow any lead with the ghost of a chance of finding it!
It's a '59 specific only part. Coupe or convertible. And being that it's for the driver's door, of course, it's always the F'd up one!
The cost is NOT important! The owner is already into this ride for $150,000.00!!! So, what's another hun. or so?
At this point, the cost is secondary to getting this car done! I don't care if you double the price you find it for! I NEED that part!!! RFN!!!
Thanks!

Last edited:

bucket

Reaction score
I know an older fella that deals in old Impala parts, he has a lot of stuff through '70, but his favorite years are the '58-'64. Normally if I need something I just stop in when his garage is opened up, but I'm not home right now. I'll look for his phone # and PM it to you when I find it.

sewlow

Reaction score
West Coast, Canada. 800' from the border.
So did you find what you needed?

I've been sending the owner the links.
He's the owner of the west coast division of 'Thermo-King'. (Air-con, coolers, refrigeration & freezer units for semi-trailers.)
He can sit behind his computer or be on his phone all day searching for this stuff if he wants to. His Co. handles the L.D. charges!
Haven't checked in with him yet today. I'll be sure to let you guys know if/when we find this.
Appreciate the help so far!

Members online

No members online now.