Parasitic Draw-2002 Silverado Ext Cab 5.3 - 50amp "IGN B" fuse in under hood fuse block

KansasBBQman

Reaction score
I have a parasitic draw that drains the battery enough that the truck will not start if I leave it sitting for more than 2 days. I have isolated the draw to the IGN B 50 amp fuse. Draw fluctuates between 60-110 mA until I pull the IGN B 50 amp fuse, then draw drops to a steady 30 mA which is normal. I disconnected my stereo and Sub amps and no change. I have pulled every fuse and relay under the hood, on the interior driver side fuse panel and unplugged all 3 connectors from the BCM and nothing changes unless I pull the IGN B fuse. I cannot seem to find the exact wiring schematic for this circuit. Has anyone experienced this same issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave.

adriver

Reaction score
I can tell you that circuit is SEO and accessory. Have you installed or changed any electrical since this started. I will have to look in mine when I get a chance, but I would suggest going on ebay and searching: PDF silverado service manual. For $10-$15, you can buy the ~10K page factory service manual on pdf. You can find it on disc, downloadable, or flash drive. It will be about 3K pages on the engines, 800 pages on the brakes, the torque spec of every bolt, repair procedures, every wiring diagram, etc... That is where I'm going to find it when I get a chance.

My first guess in the mean time, would be to check your door switches. After you shut everything off, open each door one at a time and verify that all your accessories / radio is shutting off when you do. They are a know issue, and could be causing your accessories to stay on.

Members online

No members online now.