Questions on frames

Nickisland

Reaction score
Posted this question in another forum with no answers

So I got a 2002 Silverado 1500 4.3 5 speed 4x4 for 300 bucks it was going to the junk yard because it's rusted out in the rear ..... Looking on car-part.com I can get a whole frame out of state, none in my state, for about 500-600.... When looking I see some sellers post different widths for body mounting holes. Any one know about this ?

Then locally on Craigslist there is also a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4.3 5 speed 4x4, and from looking on car-part.com again lol I see the frames are not the same listing .... The frames are different ? How

Any rcsb frame should work auto to manual , v6 to v8 ? Is there a change in the frame 2002/2003+ ?

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I think there is a difference between 99-02 and 03-06, auto to manual no difference, maybe between v6-v8 but doubt it, 2wd to 4wd yes they are different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonecollector

Reaction score
You could also measure out all your body mounts and check to see what they are out by p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nickisland

Reaction score
In the pictures I attached it labels with triangles what measurements are the body mounts and they are the same

Ok so 99-02 and 03-07 you can

Switch beds ?
Switch front ends ?
Switch cabs ?

If so the all the mounts have to be the same ?

badazzbulldog

Reaction score
yes the cabs are the same. in 03 the nose of the truck changed,i can say from doing it we put an 02 silverado nose on a 05 that my buddies salvage yard used for a delivery truck and it all lined up to the 05 body mounts.also we mounted a clean 01 bed on his personal truck which is an 05 and that lined up perfect.I think the only difference is the front frame horns are a hair longer I know that due to I install plow setups and fisher changed their frame mounts for the plows in 03

Nickisland

Reaction score
Good info thank you, and the differences in plow mounts, maybe my answer lays there I'll do some research

badazzbulldog

Reaction score
at the front of the frame the welded on mounts for the bumper are where the slight difference is the 03 and up bumper sits further out due to its design and 99/02 is back a bit,on the plow mounts the 03-up have to be a hair longer to be out past bumper for room to click on plow blade.

Last edited:

Clarke67

Reaction score
they are the same, and often even the 2wd and 4wd frames are the same. difffernt frames for HD trucks than light duty trucks. suburbans avalanches tahoes have coil spring in the rear with 5 link, and fully boxed frames sections. tortion bars forward same as 1500s. transversely the 2500s over to HD chassis. v6 v8 no difference. bolts up. aut manual Have same frame DIFFERENT crossmembers

Members online

No members online now.