Seal on roofline?

Bonecollector

Reaction score
9anasy6a.jpg

Is this seal supposed to be siliconed to the truck? Mine can be peeled back, just curious if I should re apply some sealant if required

thanks guys

Sent from Team Sierra

str8nitro

Reaction score
Not sure myself, but mine came up toward the rear and I put double sided tape under it and put it back down ... hasn't came back up since.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

silverado13

Reaction score
i have got to have a leak somewhere in my truck, a day or two after it rains, there is always a musty smell in my truck, i cant find it though

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Check that seal, mine moves forward and I can see down, I think it's supposed to sealed not sure

Sent from Team Sierra

962000chevy

Reaction score
I actually just glued mine back earlier this week. Both sides were coming off. I used loctite super glue. So far so good.

silverado13

Reaction score
one of my buddys had his 3rd brake light leaking, but ive never seen water around there, the problem is ive never seen water anywhere

silverado13

Reaction score
yeah i really only pat down the carpet, i remove the entire interior on my 97 a few times and the first time there was moisture stuck under the carpet in the padding thats been there for god knows how long

Bonecollector

Reaction score
If you've ever removed your third brake light on your 800 check the headliner out, maybe where the water is getting in then evaporating, once you break the seal it usually needs to be replaced or siliconed, or leaks can happen

Sent from Team Sierra

silverado13

Reaction score
"I" have never removed it but there is a good possiblilty that the previous owner did, its definetly worth looking into

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
If you've ever removed your third brake light on your 800 check the headliner out, maybe where the water is getting in then evaporating, once you break the seal it usually needs to be replaced or siliconed, or leaks can happen

Sent from Team Sierra

Man I'd love to know where all your information comes from cause this is 110% bullshit hahaha. There is no seal there and there is not access to the interior from there either as far as I know.

Sent from Team Sierra

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Man I'd love to know where all your information comes from cause this is 110% bullshit hahaha. There is no seal there and there is not access to the interior from there either as far as I know.

Sent from Team Sierra

There's a foam gasket on there, it's usually stuck onto the third brake light, when you buy a new one it comes seperate from the housing and has a sticky side

There is spots for water to seep through, tucked just under the roof steel

Sent from Team Sierra

adriver

Reaction score

Sent from Team Sierra

Old thread, but for the record, there is access to the cab through the third brake light. There is a clip holding the rear of the headliner up that you can get to if you remove the third brake/cargo light (not sure if you can take it off through the cab, but the headliner is delicate, and that was a very easy way to get to it).

When I took off the third brake light, I was concerned that it may leak. After I removed it (to add LED cargo bulbs), I was concerned about it leaking. I took it back off, put a paper towel in there, then screwed it back on. I took it to the car wash, and used the brush, and the pressure sprayer. After getting back home, took it off, and checked the paper towel. It was completely dry. My truck has also been in the 110-120+ Phoenix, AZ summers for the last 5+ years. There was a definite pop when I took it off the first time, and not sure if there was a seal that may have dried up, but its more of a hard plastic seal, and not a rubber one.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online