Squeaky3 build thread

squeaky3

Reaction score
Well figured I would just start this thread instead of trying to post a ton of pics in many different threads

First pic I took of it in my dealers lot

Then took the steps off and gave her a good cleaning

Biggest update since then was installing my cb antenna, just a single 3', nothing to fancy. But I just got done installed a 20" led lightbar behind the grill and pods under the rear bumper. Front bar is wired up to switch in cab to relay, rear pods are just tapped into the reverse and ground wires of the 7 way trailer wiring, eventually will add a switch to turn them on when I want separate of the reverse,

The front mounts.

squeaky3

Reaction score
Thanks, I got the pods and lightbar from a local guy, Midwest Led Source is the name of the guys company, look them up on FB.

heres a couple pics I snapped the other day since its been debadged except the 2500hd and a couple edited pics too.

and the edited pics

squeaky3

Reaction score
Thanks, I really need to fix the exhaust since one of the mufflers on it is starting to split at the weld and sounds like crap.

Also need to get tow, tint and some wheels for some stance

squeaky3

Reaction score
Gonna go with either the dynomax 4" kit or make my own similar to that kit with a 4" afe muffler I have off my old lbz duramax and a 4" magnafow tailpipe piece

squeaky3

Reaction score
stock is dual 3" pipes to the stock muffler, no different then going from 2.5 duals to 3"

4" muffler and tailpipe will be fine, They wouldnt sell the kit if it wouldnt work

silverado13

Reaction score
A.not saying it wouldnt work
B. im no rocket scientist but going from 2.5-3 is 1/2 inch, going from 3-4 is 1 inch
c. summit racing sells headers that have a 5 inch collector, why not just go all in?

exhaust sizes are passed off of hp, 3 inch duels is good for like 550 hp

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Hate to say it silverado13 but you're wrong, going from dual 2.5 to a single 3 is roughly the same, as is going from dual 3 to single 4

silverado13

Reaction score
not quite sure where you guys heard that 4 inch exhaust is like the greatest thing in the world but it is also pointless unless all aspects of your exhuast is that free, flowing, as in the headers, the mid pipes, the cats, the mufflers and everything, on top of that, 4 inch is so bug that the exhaust ports in the heads would be more restictive, im not hating on you getting 4 inch exhaust at all, but personally i think its over board, and probably not worth the money

squeaky3

Reaction score
with it being past the cats and everything that is restrictive I could care less about how much it flows, im going for the deeper louder sound of it.

I really need to get some new rims and tires bad....tossed my old spare h2 and mtz that has a hole in it on the truck to see how it looked after i took the plow mount off.....dam

squeaky3

Reaction score
I like the h2 rims, but ive now had them on my last 2 duramax trucks, so I want something different. And the fact I only have the 1 spare rim and tire since the other 4 went with my last duramax. and that tire has a nice gash in the tread where I hit a pothole and early spring and blew it out.

Really looking to find a set of black 18s or 20s and tires to put on it

Members online

No members online now.