Truck running lean

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Hey guys....

If you guys have read my build thread you probably know that my tuner was stolen out of my truck not too long ago....my truck is stuck in performance mode and I WAS planning to leave it that way....not sure what I want to do now. But anyways here's my situation.

Last weekend I couldn't resist the urge to buy an airaid cai cause I got a wicked crazy deal on it. I know you're not supposed to run these things with the edge evolution tuner but I have heard most people don't have any problems....well I'm having problems!

When I installed this cai I didn't want to disconnect my battery because I'm afraid of losing my tune. So I left the battery hooked up and my truck seems to be running lean. I can only really notice this when I accelerate normally and it doesnt do it all the time either. If I were to hammer on the gas, it would be fine....I'm not sure where to start diagnosing. Should I try cleaning my MAF sensor? Or should I disconnect my battery and let the truck relearn? Will disconnecting my battery lose my tune?

dirtyhick42

Reaction score
How long ago did you install it? The computer checks the systems constantly and after 60 miles or so it should have gone through and adjusted for the airflow already.

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
I've already driven it about 80 miles or so since I installed it on the weekend. Still accelerates kinda funny sometimes.

Members online

No members online now.