True dualing 99-06 5.3L 4x4

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Wanted to fix up my flowmaster super 50 exhaust by overhauling to true dual and loud mufflers, called a muffler shop said it wasn't a good idea, better to have the one 3" pipe into a muffler and then to the 2.5 which is what I have currently, whats your guys experience?

2003tahoe

Reaction score
I like my 3"headers to a 2.5" y pipe for clearance issues and to a 3" with a glasspack i love mine if you want to hear it i think its the first video on my youtube acct. rsqizar and the other is magnaflows just named flowmaster 50

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I ended up just getting a magnaflow 3" inlet and two 2.5" outlets, it's a really small muffler, I like the way it sounds, also had the shop that did it put on 45 degree exits and 18" long 3.5" opening magnaflow rolled tips with 15 degree cut, everything was welded in looks good, I'll try and get a picture up

SMCCOY

Reaction score
I have always skipped all the expensive brand-name mufflers and systems and had a local exhaust shop do their own thing.

These 5.3's sound fantastic with true-dual pipes, keep the cats and go straight back on each pipe with no mufflers. The idle is so throaty with this system and it starts to "rap" at mid-range RPM's but its not obnoxious. A 2 3/4" pipe system will be great, but a 3" system even better!

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Here are some photos....

Attachments

• image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 12
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 11
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I have always skipped all the expensive brand-name mufflers and systems and had a local exhaust shop do their own thing.

These 5.3's sound fantastic with true-dual pipes, keep the cats and go straight back on each pipe with no mufflers. The idle is so throaty with this system and it starts to "rap" at mid-range RPM's but its not obnoxious. A 2 3/4" pipe system will be great, but a 3" system even better!

The shop wouldn't true dual my truck sadly, i want to buy an EXT cab just like my 05 and ill do it myself to that truck, according to the shop true dual on these trucks is pointless, i don't see why they'd say that

Reaction score
I keep the factory y pipe and CATS but y mine out before the muffler and installed two airplane mufflers and made my tail pipes up close to the frame so you can't see my exhaust and dumped the pipes just before the bumper

Attachments

• IMAG0524.jpg
    IMAG0524.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0527.jpg
    IMAG0527.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0526.jpg
    IMAG0526.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
I'm running AIRPLANE mufflers. I work at a place that we build turbo systems for small airplanes (single engine planes) and we that off the mufflers so I use a set on my last three trucks. they are really loud with no cats or tailpipes not as bad with tailpipes and this truck I left the cats on and just dueled it just be fore the mufflers. It is not loud but it sounds better than just cats and straight pipes.

Members online

No members online now.