Wiring questions

SprayBomb

Reaction score
Ok y'all, I'm looking for someone with detailed wiring knowledge on these trucks

I have an 02 Silverado with a 5.3 and 4l60e
The 02 cab is totaled and I have a 05 cab complete, the 05 cab is from a duramax / ZF-6 manual, has manual dual climate control but power everything else, no onstar

I'm using this cab to fix my 02, and I want to use the 03 up interior also

What I need to know is: will the cabin harness from the 05 work with my 02 under hood / engine harness and ECU ? If not, is it simple repinning ? Or am I better off to get an auto gas 03 up cabin harness ?

And if I get an 03 up gas auto cabin harness, will that work with my 02 under hood harness, or do I need to get a matching cabin and engine harness from an 03 up

Thanks in advance

Kkirwan71

Reaction score
I'm going to say you're better off finding a 99-02 cab to get your wiring/harness from. When they went to the 03 model a lot of things switched up inside

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SprayBomb

Reaction score
You're not understand what I'm wanting to do

I have a complete 02, I understand that the wiring changed in 03
What I want is 03 up interior, I just want to know if it's reasonable to use either my 05 diesel manual trans wiring with potentially some repinning, or am I better off using an 03 up gas auto harness
And if 03 up gas auto harness for the cab, do I need the 03 up engine harness and ECU

MYT HI

Reaction score
The harnesses will not mix. You would be better off finding 03+ parts

Sent from my 5.3 powered iPhone

SprayBomb

Reaction score
Thanks MYT HI

I didn't figure they would, but didn't know for sure
I've done some insane mixing of harnesses over the years, but not on these trucks

Now, let's say I find a matching 03 up cabin and engine harness, do I need to find them that have exactly the options I want, or is it relatively easy to add and remove sections

For example, if I get one from a 4x4, is the 4x4 control wiring easily removed or is it tied to a lot of other things in the harness

I know adding electric fans is simple

But what about steering wheel controls ?

Thanks for being patient yall, I'm just here to learn as much as I can instead of having to learn as I tear through harnesses as I've done in the past

Bonecollector

Reaction score
As far as steering wheel controls go, you can get ones out of a fully loaded blazer\jimmy for the stuff up to 02, there is a good write up on gmt400.com on how to do it, the steering wheel controls changed in 03 you could make it work if you were ambitious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.