04 yukon rear wiper issues

Bigtoons

Reaction score
Rear wiper issues. I have tested all wires in connector going to wiper motor. I have ran a ground wire from motor mount to bolt on tailgate. I have 12v all time at orange, 12v grey when motor is turned on and 12v on pink when glass is closed. I figured with this all working, the motor was junk so I bought a used one on eBay. Plugged in, nothing but clicks and acting like it wants to go. Tried bench testing the motor, was clicking same thing. Hooked up ground and ran 12v to orange and grey. Told seller the motor was junk, sent me another used one and it does something except moves slightly bench testing it. When sitting for long time I can put 12v to it, it loves slowly then stops and does not move again. I got pissed, just said screw it, put it all back together (if motor is out you have a hole in the back tailgate). Got in it this morning, hit switch and wiper turned on immediately, went up then back down to rest and never moved again! Wtf! Very frustrated!!! What can I do? Have I gotten two bad motors from eBay and also my original??!!! Thanks for the help!

Bigtoons

Reaction score
Where is that located and how could I test that? If it was shot would the motor work at all? It is almost more frustrating that it went once then nothing... Thanks for the reply.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
If you have a Haynes manual I know it will tell you, the module would affect it running cuz if it's not sending any current to the motor then it won't turn, I'd go after that module, and change it out, I believe it's under the hood for the front wipers but I'm not sure where it would be for the rear

Bonecollector

Reaction score
If the module was toast you could hit that button all day with a good motor and it won't turn, my bet is that's the problem, after that I'd look at the switch it's self and ohmmeter it

Bigtoons

Reaction score
I've tested the plug at the motor with multimeter and everything checks out as it should. If the control module was junk wouldn't I not have proper voltage at the plug?

Members online

No members online now.