89* isn't hot, according to heater controls

HD2500

Reaction score
I have the dual climate controls in my 04, and for some reason it only blows hot air when it's set to 90 degrees. if I lower it to 89, no more heat...passenger and driver side are the same. with winter coming, sure would be nice to find that happy medium between cooking and freezing...lol
Any thoughts?

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Could be your controls are toast, or your thermostat is stuck open till you turn it to max

Sent from Team Sierra

HD2500

Reaction score
found the issue! there's a cabin temp sensor that can go bad apparently...it's located above the driver's head, looks like a little speaker.
$25 for an ACdelco replacement on Amazon, good as new!

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Nice!! Good to know! My dad and my brothers trucks both have that same set up so if they have issues well know where to look

Sent from Team Sierra

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
found the issue! there's a cabin temp sensor that can go bad apparently...it's located above the driver's head, looks like a little speaker.
$25 for an ACdelco replacement on Amazon, good as new!

Always wondered what that little thing was .... Good to know!!

Sent from Team Sierra

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Yup for the trucks that have onstar there's a little black box on the overhead console which is the mic

Sent from Team Sierra

silverado13

Reaction score
on a opposite note, the lumbar support in my drivers seat doesnt work, and its a manula crank, its kinda dissapointing

2003tahoe

Reaction score
well for like phone controls because mine had it in, and i knew when the black box is that clips on the overhead. i just wish i knew what thread size the roof antenna is so i can put a stubby one on

2003tahoe

Reaction score
mines pretty good it was 11.99 carbon fiber look and it had the wire wrapped up all inside unlike the 5.99 ones that just screw on