alright I need help here with wheel decision

Goat

Reaction score
So I got around a 6 inch lift and I do a ton of street driving and fish and so fourth on the weekend. I been thinking about putting a set of 22s back on my truck with street tires. I just cant make up my mind so heres some pics of what it looks like.

Yall help me here!

When it had 24s and 305/35s

Now it has 16s with 305/70s

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I like the mud tires, but that's me haha, lots of highway with those things suck though haha
I just leave my aggressive mud tires on my 05 all year round and decent tires on my 94 cuz the weather changes a lot here, it snowed last night, but already all melted, and if you go off road it can get pretty bad and fast, one of my buddy's got a call to go save a truck from muskeg, they had to leave it, it's still sinking

Old77

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A good all terrain tire will go a long ways regardless of the wheel you run

Erki

Reaction score
I like the look with the mud tires or all terrains would be my choice. If your mostly street id go all terrains. I think the 22s look too big for a 4x4 unless your running 35" tires. Just wheel to tire ratio for a truck I think to low of a profile looks goofy

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of street tires, IMO if you've got a lifted truck isn't it meant to be for off-roading, not looks? Haha just my opinion. I would go with the mud tires myself, although the mileage will suck. all terrains would be better if you do a lot of highway driving, and would also still be good if you drive a little bit off road, but don't count on those street tires to get you anywhere off the pavement

bucket

Reaction score
I think the 16's look better, but I'm not a big rim kinda guy. A good quality tire (even an MT type) will be good for 60-80K of highways use before they are shot. MPG shouldn't be a very big concern if you drive a lifted truck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.