Battery Recommendations

BadChevyZ-71

Reaction score
I currently have an Optima yellow top (about 6-7 years old), that I have a feeling is on its last leg so before it goes completely dead, I want to find a good battery. It has to have side and top posts due to modifications. I also plan on getting another identical battery down the road when I pull the trigger on a dual battery setup.

I've heard Optima batteries quality has gone down a good bit. Is it worth picking up another yellow top?
I've also been eying this battery...
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...-800-cca-34-78-4/2040409-P?searchTerm=battery

What's everyone's opinion and recommendation?

Thanks!

Last edited:

badazzbulldog

Reaction score
I have that battery in our Envoy Denali,and also put them in the three trucks for my buddies junk removal company have had good luck with them so far (about a year and a half in his trucks) all three have 12v dump hoists with lift gates so they get a work out

2003tahoe

Reaction score
i have a yellow top 34 78 also and love it used it during audio comps and worked really good that was 3 years ago, since i work at autozone as well i returned it and bought it back to get 3 more years of warranty and also i didnt have a discount when i bought it also so i had to get the battery at my discount;) but all in all i love the battery
also forgot post #7000 yay

squeaky3

Reaction score
I would stay away from optima. Their quality has gone down hill the last few years. Mine is about junk in my truck and it was only ran down a couple time, should not have killed it as bad as it did. Since you want top and side posts, check out interstate. I cant remember what exact battery it is, but I know they make one

Staff online

Members online