Blackbear Performance Tuning Info and Reviews

silverado13

Reaction score
when i did the 411 swap on my 97, it was amazing the differance, not only because of the tune but the computing speed was so much faster

cowboy63645

Reaction score
I love my BB tune. I do wish I would have went with the scan cable route instead of sending my computer in, but it is still amazing. After I get a few things put on the truck such as my cam, headers, exhaust redone, regeared and my new tires on, I will probably have the scan cable tune done.

962000chevy

Reaction score
I second what silverado13 said I was in college when I first got mine tuned and sending the computer in on Monday I expected to be down at least a week but Friday I had it back in and ready to roll. Excellent turn around.

silverado13

Reaction score
ya see what happened was, with me, doing the swap, as soon as lextech got the tracking number for me sending him my computer, he sent out one, so it was a 2 day turn around, plus i still had my black box in the truck so i could still drive it

962000chevy

Reaction score
Oh that would've been nice I'm thinking on a 0411 swap while my 96 is outta commission I just haven't convinced myself it's worth it yet.

silverado13

Reaction score
oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah its worth it, i got so much out of it, its faster processing, more tunable, (not for me becuase i dont know how to tune) plus when he had my computer, he put a aggressive tune on it, took the govenor off of it and i had it set up for electric fans, which i eventually ended up doing and its awesome

cowboy63645

Reaction score
i dont regret sending mine off, it was a super fast turn around

I do agree that the tune itself was worth the money and the turn around was great, I sent it off Monday and had the computer back in my hands when I came home from work Friday. I was just thinking that with the scan cable tune I would of had a little more added benefit than just the traditional tune. Each truck is different and it may or may not have made a difference. Neither here or there, I am still very happy with the tune and wont have anyone else touch the tuning on my truck with future modifications.

Members online

No members online now.