Bow tie painting

2003tahoe

Reaction score
the 4 screw things are one each corner of the tallest part then the clips are at the end between the headlights and the turn signals

sewlow

Reaction score
West Coast, Canada. 800' from the border.
Uh-oh! Thread's going sideways! Lol!
I would think that the 80 would handle a 6.0 in front of 3.73's better than the 60.
What's the downside of them? Alternate suggestions? I'd love a T-56!
The 6.0 is getting a cam/spring upgrade & like the ole man told me years ago, if you're gonna build an engine with 450+ H.P., well then, I know you kid, you're gonna use all those ponies, aren't you? Just gotta find out what it'll do.
Uhmmm, YUP! Damn right! I will!! Every last one of them! Till they're frothing at the mouth! Lol!

silverado13

Reaction score
T56 is fun, down side is the gearing in a 80e. The only benefit is that you can build them strong. But you can build any tranny strong. 80e has a horrible first gear. It's way to long. So in order to get off the line well. You have to have atleast a 2500-3000 stall, which makes every day driving worse. If I were you. I'd look for an entire set up out of a trailblazer ss, ls2 with a 4l70e would be perfect

sewlow

Reaction score
West Coast, Canada. 800' from the border.
Good to know! Thanks! Never heard of a 4l70e.
I've been looking at Escalades & Danallis for the LQ9 as opposed to an LQ4.
Now my choices can be expanded to the Trailblazers. Us Canucks have a bit of a limited choice when it comes to finding the better 6.0. As soon as one hits the wreckers, within 3 days it's picked vulture clean!
The truck will be a daily/Saturday Night Special for 4-5 months a year. Maybe.
My '97's a 6 with an NV3500. If I need mileage, I can drive that. Planning on a 5.3 for that, eventually.

silverado13

Reaction score
Good to know! Thanks! Never heard of a 4l70e.
I've been looking at Escalades & Danallis for the LQ9 as opposed to an LQ4.
Now my choices can be expanded to the Trailblazers. Us Canucks have a bit of a limited choice when it comes to finding the better 6.0. As soon as one hits the wreckers, within 3 days it's picked vulture clean!
The truck will be a daily/Saturday Night Special for 4-5 months a year. Maybe.
My '97's a 6 with an NV3500. If I need mileage, I can drive that. Planning on a 5.3 for that, eventually.

70e's are essentually a really good version of a 4l60, 4l60s arent bad to begin with, mostly just the 90s 4l60s but anything out of a gmt800 is good, but you can also look for ss silverados, im a member of a trailblazer ss page on facebook and they are always having people part out their trailblazers, and on average, engine and trannys are going for $3000, but with a single cab truck, t56 might be just as easy, but 10x more relaible

silverado13

Reaction score
Right....... Even with 4l60es. The ones that came in GMT800s had a bunch of bugs worked out of then. GMT400 60e had weak sun shells and were un reliable. You can get a 4l60e out of a GMT800 and convert it to a 4l65e and it would be strong enough for whatever you want

Members online

No members online now.