Center console conversion

Dravec

Reaction score
So, I'm looking at swapping from the '02 full console, to the '03 up full console, and I'm wondering if anyone knows what parts I need to keep the vents functional in the back. It looks like the ducting is different from the two variations of console. As I have a crew cab, I'd like to keep the vents. I've watched enough YouTube videos that I feel confident on the rest of the swap, but I haven't seen anyone address that part of it.

ORVietVet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get info on this? I own a Tahoe but am assuming you are talking about a pickup. Do you mind if I ask why you are switching from 02 to 03 and up?

Dravec

Reaction score
Not yet. Haven't had time to go to a junkyard. I'm swapping only because I like the look of the newer version of the console, as it's once piece rather than two. I don't use the tape deck, and I'm wanting the larger center console compartment. I'll probably start stockpiling parts for the swap soon, and then I'll do as detailed a breakdown and how-to as I can.

ORVietVet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can only assume that the duck work would be similar and just have to adapt as needed. I would think the only adapting is where the feed is.

Last edited:

4silverado

Reaction score
Honestly I’ve never had mine apart. I assume that the ducts would tie into the floor outlet above the center hump. My last 3 have all had the center console. This weekend I might try removing the cup holders and see what I can see down in there.

Dravec

Reaction score
Honestly I’ve never had mine apart. I assume that the ducts would tie into the floor outlet above the center hump. My last 3 have all had the center console. This weekend I might try removing the cup holders and see what I can see down in there.
That would be greatly appreciated. I'm assuming you have an '03 & up?

4silverado

Reaction score
Mine is an 04 extended cab. I know somewhere under that is the amp and sub for Bose. Those are the only pieces I haven’t upgraded; I’m not willing to give up space under back seat yet.

Last edited:

4silverado

Reaction score
One thing I just remembered is that the dash bezel is notched on that corner to clear the console. I’ve got some interior pics on other computer that might show this.

4silverado

Reaction score
Pics might not be the best, but I'd saved them for reference. Last ones are mine; I'll see about getting some pics from passenger side tonight.
20992968_1904360122924189_2873974785982319568_n.jpg image005.pngnav_install.jpg20161013_182.jpg20210109_160210.jpg

Dravec

Reaction score
Found an '04 crew cab at one of my favorite semi-local junkyards. It has the full console with air vents, so I'm gonna go try and look at it on my next day off. See if I can snag all of the air diverters and such. Maybe see what else I can find out there that I need.

Dravec

Reaction score
It's unfortunately the wrong color. My interior is tan and this one is the really dark grey. So I'm gonna try and scavenge the pieces I need for getting it in the truck, and find a tan one elsewhere.

Members online

No members online now.