cold start shutter and stall

sierra4.8

Reaction score
my 2002 sierra 4.8 started up fine this morning but when it began to idle down it started sputtering then it died i started it back up and it did the same thing again started it a third time and gave it some throttle and kept the rpms up and it ran fine after a few seconds it was really cold this morning too any one know what i should be checkin first? anyone ever had this problem? fuel pressure? plugs and wires? iac? tps? maf? dirty throttle body maybe?

Bonecollector

Reaction score
my 2002 sierra 4.8 started up fine this morning but when it began to idle down it started sputtering then it died i started it back up and it did the same thing again started it a third time and gave it some throttle and kept the rpms up and it ran fine after a few seconds it was really cold this morning too any one know what i should be checkin first? anyone ever had this problem? fuel pressure? plugs and wires? iac? tps? maf? dirty throttle body maybe?

How cold was it? Did you plug it in?

How much gas you have? When's the last time you had a tune up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burgundybeast04

Reaction score

Clean maf and throttle body. Almost guarantee that's what it is.

If that was the problem, Gm dealers offer a motorvac carbon cleaning service for your fuel injection that makes a world of difference. costs a couple hundred.

Sent from Team Sierra

sierra4.8

Reaction score
I cleaned the throttle body (wasn't dirty ) I cleaned it when I first got the truck a few months ago it was about 20°f out and no its not plugged in it has no heater and today when it was warm out it started hard I had to give it gas for it to start but the feul pump sounds fine and it doesnt seem to starve for gas on acceleration or anything

sierra4.8

Reaction score
And I had over a half tank of gas I haven't done plugs and wires yet is it possible its those? I don't have any codes either

Members online

No members online now.