DIC Functions between years

TheCaddyMan99

Reaction score
First post, glad to be a part of a community

Over the past few years I've had a few 02-06 Escalades, and one thing I noticed was that between the years some DIC functions were different. for example, my 05's they had TripA/B and they had a tire monitor system that would report back pressures in real time. but my 04/3's had the Personal/Business trips which have their own sub functions that are missing from the 05-06. I play around with the gauge clusters a lot, and I understand that there's a lot that can be done by changing around the digits of the VIN coding in SPS2. I guess I'm just trying to figure out if the DIC function that displays the tire pressures is a function of the BCM that is only displayed through the cluster, or if it's something that the cluster does. and if that's the case of the cluster, than I need to play more with SPS2.

I've put 05 (15135660) and 06 (15112849) clusters into 03's and 04's (younger me liked chrome a lot more than I do now), and everytime I coded the 03 or 04 VIN I got that Personal/Business trip and no tps system. I've even swapped the lenses on H2 clusters and installed those, same result. however, one thing I have noticed, in order to get the 15112849 (2006) cluster to display PRNDL on the 2003-04, is that I had to give the cluster an 05 VIN, which gave it the Trip A/B function set, but no TPS function. however, when I prgrammed the same cluster to my 2005 EXT, with the matching 05 VIN, it comes up as should with everything ( driver 1/2 IDs, TPS, Etc.)

Is it that all of my 03/04 trucks have had malfunctioning TPS systems? or is that just not as advanced of a feature on the 03/04 BCM?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First post, glad to be a part of a community

Over the past few years I've had a few 02-06 Escalades, and one thing I noticed was that between the years some DIC functions were different. for example, my 05's they had TripA/B and they had a tire monitor system that would report back pressures in real time. but my 04/3's had the Personal/Business trips which have their own sub functions that are missing from the 05-06. I play around with the gauge clusters a lot, and I understand that there's a lot that can be done by changing around the digits of the VIN coding in SPS2. I guess I'm just trying to figure out if the DIC function that displays the tire pressures is a function of the BCM that is only displayed through the cluster, or if it's something that the cluster does. and if that's the case of the cluster, than I need to play more with SPS2.

I've put 05 (15135660) and 06 (15112849) clusters into 03's and 04's (younger me liked chrome a lot more than I do now), and everytime I coded the 03 or 04 VIN I got that Personal/Business trip and no tps system. I've even swapped the lenses on H2 clusters and installed those, same result. however, one thing I have noticed, in order to get the 15112849 (2006) cluster to display PRNDL on the 2003-04, is that I had to give the cluster an 05 VIN, which gave it the Trip A/B function set, but no TPS function. however, when I prgrammed the same cluster to my 2005 EXT, with the matching 05 VIN, it comes up as should with everything ( driver 1/2 IDs, TPS, Etc.)

Is it that all of my 03/04 trucks have had malfunctioning TPS systems? or is that just not as advanced of a feature on the 03/04 BCM?

That is one hell of a awesome question. Have you seen or heard anyone else have the same issues as you when you researched it?

Welcome to the forum!

Members online

No members online now.