LED swap! Need help!

MYT HI

Reaction score
So basically my whole interior needs new lights in everything. I need help on which LEDs to get and ones that are plug and play for the most part. Anyone know what ones I need for basically everything?

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

Old77

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They should all be plug 'n play. You should go to superbrightleds.com to find out exactly which bulbs you need for which spot in your interior. Once you know that you can search for the best prices via the google.

MYT HI

Reaction score
They should all be plug 'n play. You should go to superbrightleds.com to find out exactly which bulbs you need for which spot in your interior. Once you know that you can search for the best prices via the google.

Do they have a chart saying what's used?

Old77

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kind of. You put in your year/make/model info and along the left hand side of the page they have Interior/exterior sections and it lays out what bulbs are needed for each spot. You can click on the links which will take you to the LEDs that they offer for sale, of course, but I find it most useful for finding out which bulb I need first then I can make the best decision on how to spend my money.

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
All your interiors are 194. Except the dome is 578. And your dash lights need to be soldered with resistors

Sent from Team Sierra

19trax95

Reaction score
^^^ depends what year he has. 99-02 have the gauge bulbs in twist sockets. So you can just twist them out and put new ones in.

03-07 have them soldered in.

The hvac controls however are soldered on all the years (99-07)

MYT HI

Reaction score
I have a 99. Are the radio LEDs soldered in?

2003tahoe

Reaction score
Yes radio bulbs and everything else are like little rice bulbs i have a thread on hoe to do this on interior atm its gauges and ac controls been little busy with the police academy to add more

19trax95

Reaction score
If you need any more help of have specific questions just post them up. I just got done doing the swap not to long ago so it's still pretty fresh in my mind.

MYT HI

Reaction score
Okay back with more questions. How many do I need? Which 194s should I go with? There's a ton of options

19trax95

Reaction score
Cluster takes 6
Door lights 2
Floor lights 2
Glovebox 1
Ashtray 1
Map lights 2
Total of 14. That's for 194 size. I'm not sure if all trucks have that many though.

If you want to do the hvac controls you need

6 5mm leds (top portion)
3 5mm leds (bottom portion)
9 330 ohm resistors

If you have rear defrost you'll need an additional led and resistor.

I went with some cheap ebay leds. I got a pack of 10 for like $8. They all work and are all the same color.

Sometimes the eBay ones aren't a uniform color (blue in your case)

2003tahoe

Reaction score
do 3 mm flat tops they fit in easier and spread light better check the right up i did and it'll show you the difference

Members online

No members online now.