The Dreaded ABS problem

silverado13

Reaction score
so from doing research i have found this to be a common problem, especially with 2000s, but i have the abs and brake light on on my cluster with no abs braking, i did my brakes a couple weeks ago and just for the hell of it i replaced the abs sensors that go into the wheeel hubs, no dice though....... next im going to try something a little more drastic, http://www.myairbags.com/install.php, today im going to remove the electronic brake control module and im going to send it to these people monday. whats everyone elses experience?

02Beast

Reaction score
IVE GOT THIS ISSUE I was told it was most likely my abs module and it doesn't help it look like someone gashed the plate behind my rear brakes

silverado13

Reaction score
another confusing thing is 90% of the time people have codes with this problem not me, im completely clean......

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Very strange, mine came on once but that's because my wheel bearings were so toast that the sensors either cooked from friction heat or got crushed, new bearings and problem solved

CBurt

Reaction score
I had a 96 ram and it had the same problem. Turned out that, having both lights on at once was a code itself and all ir meant was low pressure In the brake system. The sensor was on the front of the rear diff. All I did on the dodge was change and bleed the brake fluid. Never happened again. . Anu chance it could be the same?

silverado13

Reaction score
ive read that people say that they get a numerical code, and yes all the fuses are good, the problem that the control module develops is its connections inside it start coming apart, thats why its intermittent

Demon Doctor

Reaction score
If you or your wife or children were sick, wouldn't you go to a doctor to try to find out what was wrong and find a solution to your problem?
If you were having a problem, why didn't you take your truck to a REAL mechanic and have the problem diagnosed and repaired.
It is just plain stupid to try to save a couple of bucks by trying to fix it yourself by just throwing parts at it.

Another simple mistake I see on this forum is familiarity, where you know each other and you do not post the most basic information.

Year, make model and vin number..
These are just like the blood pressure, age, sex of a human..

Depending upon the year of the vehicle and the location - where you live, it can be something as simple as the wheel sensor migrating away from the hub.
There was a simple fix - file the hub and reinstall the sensor with a little grease on it.

If that did not fix the problem, GM replaced the sensor.

If the wheel bearing is bad - and they will go bad sooner if you start messing with bigger wheels and lift kits and more horsepower - then the spacing between the wheel sensor and the reluctor in the bearing will change and it will mill the end of the sensor off and then you know - hey the wheel bearing went!

No one mentioned the code - what gives?

I think all you people wants to do is beotch and complain - while you lean on your shade tree. Geesh....

02Beast

Reaction score
Im just jumping in here but bud I don't think anyone is bitching more of trying to get informed this is mainly a forum of diys and people who want to try to learn so you jumping on here being a dick isn't solving anything all these cats needed was some advice not bitching about 'bitching' and if you don't want to see people trying to learn amongst themselves you should probably go ahead and unsubscribe to this forum because your going to get alot of that here

silverado13

Reaction score
^+1 some people were born to fix things them selves, i dont ever go to shops, not only that but money does matter, i spent $61 to have it re manufactured, dealership would be over $1000, common sense man, i could throw away hundreds of parts and still save money.

Any who, update is after some struggle with a stripped out screw, and having to cut the head off, its now removed and boxed up and payed for, going to drop it off at the post office monday

02Beast

Reaction score
Still keep us updated I'd like to know if it works
And I wasn't trying to be an ass it's just like don't post one thing on this thread being an asshole if you don't like it or don't have anything positive to say just don't post!

Members online

No members online now.