W/T 1500 brake pads

Reaction score
Hello,
I bought an '06 W/T1500 4.3 4x4 a couple months ago. It's a pretty solid old pickup, 146k on the clock and just overall in decent shape.
The brakes were a bit noisy at stops from the beginning, and shortly after I bought it I started getting a near-constant dash warning that the brake system needs serviced. Hearing the light howl at stops led me to think that the pads were worn and the squealer was starting to contact the rotors slightly.
I ordered new Bosch front pads for the truck, BE804H part number. There was many options and some confusion in finding the right pads for my truck.
After attempting to install the new pads this weekend I can confirm that these are in fact the incorrect parts for my truck (please see photos).
Beside that, the front pads on both sides were not worn to destruction yet, though the drivers side pads were not worn as evenly as the passenger side or pads I've changed in the past. When I reinstalled them I swapped them around to hopefully help them wear even, assuming it even matters.
After driving it again, the howl is still there but does seem lessened significantly. I am wondering if it's not a rear drum shoe out of adjustment.
Still, I want to find the correct pads for the front and get rid of the "service brake system" warning. With that the E-brake light stays on too. The brakes work perfectly on the truck...I've had zero problems or hiccups with them. Thanks for any advice.

20220408_123137.jpg

20220408_124840.jpg

20220408_123007.jpg

adriver

Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.