Your work area & tools!

Discussion in 'Garage' started by BadChevyZ-71, Apr 8, 2015.

1. BadChevyZ-71

BadChevyZ-71 Well-Known Member

Show off your work area and tools! I know a lot of people here work on their vehicles and wash them. Detailed pictures, pictures of your area while actually working or washing your truck.

I'm a mechanic so most my tools are at the shop. Depending on what I'm doing depends on whether I work on it at my work or at the house. Here is my bay and tools at work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If I need a lift to do any repairs I take it to work and work on it after hours. If I don't need a lift I usually do it in the driveway at the house.

I have a plastic roll cart and a small toolbox for work around the house. I don't have any pictures of these, but now that it's warming up I'll try to grab some next time I'm out. Here is a quick picture of me working on my truck this past winter.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  2. GMC4x4

GMC4x4 Well-Known Member

I was a GM mechanic and just got tired of working at dealers. So now my 7ft Matco toolbox is sitting in my barn and my blue point roll box is collecting dust at my new job. As far as working space I got a gravel driveway. If I have to do much under the truck I'll take it to my dad's and use his huge expanse of a deiveway. I'll snap some pics of my toolbox and tools once they are uncovered and cleaned ip.

3. BadChevyZ-71

Yeah, I just left the dealership in the photos above and went to an independent shop closer to the house. So far so good! Now slowly collecting more tools.

Yeah, take some pictures next time your around them. I love looking at everyones toolbox, tools and seeing how they have everything organized.

Anyone else want to share their work area and tool setup?

4. Bonecollector

Bonecollector Well-Known Member

Your work area & tools!

[​IMG]

At the moment it's a disaster, finally got one of my trucks in my garage though!!

Just built this today, so I have an extra spot to park stuff

[​IMG]

And my driveway is large enough I can tear into stuff and not worry about if I can't finish

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  5. Bonecollector

Your work area & tools!

Organization and pics of tools will be posted later after I clean and organize all day tomorrow lol

6. Bonecollector

[​IMG]

So happy I can get my trucks in the garage [emoji2]

7. BadChevyZ-71

I need to get an updated picture. I switched jobs to a smaller, but less stressful shop. I'm ordering a new Blue Point roll cart monday, so I'll probably wait until then before I get an updated picture(s).

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016