2004 2500hd questions....

manimal

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just bought a 2004 Chevy 2500hd std cab 2wd. It has some cosmetic issues and I need to find out what fits and what does not.
1) I need a passenger side door...manual windows/locks....what years are right for my truck? Will suburban doors work?
2) I need a passenger side rocker panel....where can I get the correct one and if I cut it from another truck, what will fit?
3) mirrors???? I have extendable tow mirrors now, the glass on the driver side is broken also is missing the trim plastic on the arms...again what years are interchangeable?
4) TOW HITCH...I NEED ONE.......is this an HD only item or will one from a std 1500/2500 work or even a 3500? and once again, what years fit?
5) last but not least, rear bumpers....are the rear bumpers all the same, but use different brackets??? I have a 1500 bumper on it now and it is about 2/3" too low......again(sorry) what years fit?
Thank You
Lance

Attachments

• 00B0B_a38GlZkJQah_600x450.jpg
    00B0B_a38GlZkJQah_600x450.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 9

Bonecollector

Reaction score
1.) I believe it is safe to take doors from 99-06 GMC or Chevy, my friends truck was an 03 Chevy with an 04 GMC Sierra 2500 drivers door haha

2.) Parts stores will sell them for your vehicle, just tell them year model make and generally they can get them in for a reasonable price, and it's primed already

3.) Look online, or on Craigslist/eBay for the mirror you need or buy a new set and start fresh

4.) Parts store again will be able to get you what you need, I believe most frame mounted hitches are the same

5.) Find a 2500 or 3500 bumper they all sit the same height the heavy trucks have a plastic lip that makes it look the same heights as a 1500, most of the HDs have a lifted body it appears as they have fillers Inbetween the bumper and grill on GMCs anyways

Sent from Team Sierra

Members online

No members online now.