AC/Heat Issue

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Alright, new issue has risen. So a couple weeks ago I noticed the heat wasn't getting as hot as it used to, checked coolant and all was good. Didn't stress about it too much, fast forward to a couple days ago, the AC stopped blowing super cold. It blows a little cooler than the inside temp, and when you switch it to heat, it blows a little warmer than inside temp.

It blows in all the different areas (feet, face, defrost) like normal, just no extreme cold or hot like there was. Now is this a blend door actuator issue or a possible control panel issue?

Oh, and to add, I replaced the compressor October of 2014 and had it professionally charged and checked for leaks. And it was literally good up until the last 2 weeks.

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Even though no one responded, talked to a couple people and also think it is the blend door actuator or the control unit. I went ahead and ordered the actuator and should be here Thursday. I will report back with the outcome, in case anyone is interested.

GLKustoms

Reaction score
Even though no one responded, talked to a couple people and also think it is the blend door actuator or the control unit. I went ahead and ordered the actuator and should be here Thursday. I will report back with the outcome, in case anyone is interested.

I had an actuator snap the connector on the blend door on an 06' Equinox I just got rid of (wife's truck, known issue with those suvs). Listen to see if the actuator is working before tearing everything down to repair. Change the temperature controls with the ignition in the ON position, engine not running. (and everything else quiet of course). If you can the actuator motor turning, then the blend door itself is probably broken or being obstructed by something. Also listen to see if the blend door actuator sound weak in comparison to the flow control actuator. I just joined the forum today, so I hope this reply is in-time to be helpful...peace, and Happy New Year!

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
I ended up replacing the actuator on Wednesday, it definitely helped. I think I need to do a cooling system and/or heater core flush. It gets quite a bit more warm but not super hot like it used to.

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Another update.... was doing some reading on the issue I was having. Turns out, there is a slight possibility that it could have been the blower motor resistor. Well I ordered one up and it helped tremendously. I think it will be at 100% as soon as I get around to flushing the system.

MYT HI

Reaction score
Hm this sounds like a similar problem my dad is having. He has no hot air and is thinking it's his thermostat. I will have to mention all this to him

Sent from my 5.3 powered iPhone

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Hm this sounds like a similar problem my dad is having. He has no hot air and is thinking it's his thermostat. I will have to mention all this to him

Sent from my 5.3 powered iPhone

Is his AC working? I ran in to the issue where it was just blowing ambient air, not hot or cold. Blend door actuator helped both but not fully, the blower motor resistor helped alot and I feel is pretty close to where it should be. The thermostat has been in the back of my head as well, mainly because I have had the truck for the better part of 7 years and have never changed it.