Airaid MIT

962000chevy

Reaction score
I purchased one back in August after reading multiple reviews on how it was the best bang for your buck cold air mod.

My first thoughts upon opening the box were well that looks smoother, not really much different than stock except no accordion thing and no silencer.

Install took maybe 15 minutes including opening the box and removing the packaging. Directions were straight forward and easy to follow. I had read were some people had trouble with the clamp coming loose at the throttle body, my opinion is that those people didn't properly tighten it the first time. I've had the intake for nearly 3 months and its just as tight as the day I installed it.

Performance wise I haven't noticed a a major difference on my stock engine other than slightly increased midrange power. There is one hill on my ride to work the truck would downshift every time(61 mph cruise control engaged) now there is no downshift. I rather enjoy that.

As far as mileage goes, I averaged 17.1-17.3 before and now 16.9- 17.3. Just listing my lowest tank average and my best for before and after. I tow a CAT 257B skidsteer at work from time to time and that is where i noticed the biggest change in power and economy. Towing my mpg increased noticeably I went from 12.5-12.9 up to 13.7-14.3.

Overall I am rather happy with the mod. I never expected some great addition in power or fuel economy but the noticeable bump in towing mpg is fantastic IMO. I recommend this mod to anyone looking for a slight bump or anyone looking to help towing power. I'll update later as I add mods.

Anyone wanting install pics or before and afters PM me. Ill be more than happy to post/ send them.

Thanks for reading and hope this helps.

Nic

Last edited:

silverado13

Reaction score
i have an air raid on my 97 and a ebay brand on my 2000, and i lve watching the arguement about if its worth it or not, people say it make no difference, but thats not why i buy them, when i bought my truck, i looked under the hood and said, man i hate all that plastic, which is enough of a resaon to me to spend $59 on a ebay kit

rogue212005

Reaction score
I paid $30 for the cheap ebay knockoff kit for my Mazda 6, when the stock tube disintegrated. Beat buying the OEM tube for $90. The added engine noise was just a bonus.

962000chevy

Reaction score
I was preparing to pull the trigger on an eBay special but found a thread on FSC by black bear performance where they compared popular cold air intakes on a dyno and the Airaid was best bang for buck so that sealed my decision

962000chevy

Reaction score
I got it for right at $100 bucks on summit. I think it was $130 with a mail-in rebate and free shipping.

silverado13

Reaction score
see thats really not bad at all, anything in the $100 range or lower, i think is worth it, the k&n kit is so over priced

962000chevy

Reaction score
I'll never purchase a k&n. I may go with a volant on the next truck I buy but that's it if I don't get another MIT

962000chevy

Reaction score
Boss man just told me I'll be using my truck far more since it reliable. I have a TOLD YA SO talk ready but I don't wanna lose my job. The use of my truck is gas plus $5 per day so hopefully January or February I'll have some sort of exhaust.

962000chevy

Reaction score
Well 2 mechanics including one paid by him couldn't find anything wrong. Boss even said he'll pay for maintenance as long as I can show its time.

962000chevy

Reaction score
Long as its directly related to the work then yep. But that's only because I'll be the only one driving it and he knows I ain't about to beat on it

Bonecollector

Reaction score
That doesn't sound like a very good deal to run ones truck for company purposes, unless they actually do pay for huge repairs like tranny and engine

Sent from Team Sierra

Members online

No members online now.