Airbag Service Warning

cedens

Reaction score
on my 06 its last glory days i was out on rough roads, i know bad for a 2wd pickup but it is telling me to service the aribag no code thrown other than the damn evap code that GM's are notorious for up through the 2010 models.

Old77

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd bet it's a bad sensor or possibly a connection is unplugged.

cedens

Reaction score
I'll look at that, i've been working on the 2010's Lean on Right Side and P0303 (misfire cyl 3)... so far 2 bottles of lucas in the last 2 fillups new set of plugs (#3 was nasty) and tossed a K&N air filter on for good measure.

Then the 82 the oil pressure gauge is not working, its not the gauge, the sending unit by the distributor, its not the circuit board or the tan wire.... next step is the unit by the oil filter.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
My friends 04 Sierra had the air bag light on, he took it to a dealership and they discovered that the air bag wires had been cut by the previous owner, they repaired the wiring now it's all good, in my 05 the light is on, has been for a long time,
I may take it to a dealership cuz I don't want it to blow up, I called and asked the dealer if it was possible for me to pull a fuse or cut a wire to delete the air bag entirely :D and the lady freaked out haha she told me I had to bring it in :p I may try and trouble shoot it myself and see of its a crappy connection or something, good luck figuring out what caused your light :)

silverado13

Reaction score
My friends 04 Sierra had the air bag light on, he took it to a dealership and they discovered that the air bag wires had been cut by the previous owner, they repaired the wiring now it's all good, in my 05 the light is on, has been for a long time,
I may take it to a dealership cuz I don't want it to blow up, I called and asked the dealer if it was possible for me to pull a fuse or cut a wire to delete the air bag entirely :D and the lady freaked out haha she told me I had to bring it in :p I may try and trouble shoot it myself and see of its a crappy connection or something, good luck figuring out what caused your light :)

i wonder why the previous owner would cut it, maybe he watched to many action movies

Bonecollector

Reaction score
We are not entirely sure, the only wires cut under the dash by the column were the air bag wires, so he meant to do it haha

silverado13

Reaction score
just throwing this out there...... maybe someone tried stealing the truck and tried "hot wiring it" but had no clue what they were doing, unlikely but just an idea

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Possible, someone did actually break into his truck a few weeks ago and stole his programmer and some of his homework .... :confused:

Not related to his airbag dilemma tho, that was already solved a while ago

silverado13

Reaction score
Possible, someone did actually break into his truck a few weeks ago and stole his programmer and some of his homework .... :confused:

Not related to his airbag dilemma tho, that was already solved a while ago

i wonder if he tried using the someone stole my homework excuse

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Hahaha I should ask him, I know he was choked about the tuner, his truck is stuck in performance

silverado13

Reaction score
Hahaha I should ask him, I know he was choked about the tuner, his truck is stuck in performance

my friend sold me his dads hp tuner for my gmt400, and then i sold it to a guy who didnt care that i left the tune on it so i was stuck on performance as well until i did a pcm swap

cedens

Reaction score
No i bought that one new, the culprit Western Oklahoma's bumpy ass roads, and it was a country driving truck for a while, yea brave with a 2WD truck

Members online