Auto headlights and Cruise Control

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Alright, I have been having an issue with my cruise control, where when the headlights are on, majority of the time the cruise won't set. It has been an issue for awhile (over a year), but when I was living in California I was super close to work and never got on the freeway all that often at night, mainly took my girlfriends car. Well now in Texas, I am getting up when it is still dark and I now have a 25-30 minute drive to work.

2nd problem, been a few months this has been going on. My headlights are on ALL the time (which in turn, even sometimes after work, my cruise won't kick on). The sensor in the dash is still there, it did not fall into the dash.

Is there a relay or something that could be bad?

This is on my '99 Sierra for what it is worth.

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
I was have problems with my cruise a lot like you are check your third brake light make sure it is working and has a good ground

Good possibility, I went LEDs in the 3rd awhile ago. Just the other morning while the truck was running, it looked like one of the individual LEDs on the assembly might be stuck on. So I am going to pull the housing off and see if that is the case and if it will fix the issue or not.

3linkedchevy

Reaction score
Alright, so went back to regular bulbs in the 3rd, cruise control works again when the headlights are on. A week or two ago, the headlights stopped coming on during the day and went back to using the DRLs... some sort of gremlin some where.

But I don't have to worry about it until next week some time. Trans crapped out on me yesterday on the way home from work.

Members online

No members online now.