Battery issue

binder49

Reaction score
I've got a tough one. I have a 2003 Silverado with a very intermittent battery problem. I have had the truck a year and a half, and three times in that period the battery has gone dead just sitting. The battery is about a year old. Jump it and it starts right up, and is charging. Will work perfect for quite some time. Happened for the third time today. To say it is intermittent is an understatement. Going to be very hard to track down. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Have you ever changed your battery out?

Usually if your battery is draining you have an issue where the battery's energy is going to ground, essentially making a complete circuit and draining it like you left a light on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003tahoe

Reaction score
ive heard people disconnecting one lead i think positive wire and using a test light if it is on its draining and pulling and replacing one fuse at a time to pin point the area it is loosing power to

Bonecollector

Reaction score
My brothers truck will die from time to also, he has a remote start, it's possible, do you have anything plugged into cigarette lighters or power points?

Bonecollector

Reaction score
That's weird, try it again but doors locked in your garage and see if it makes a difference