gibson catback

RAGMC

Reaction score
Ive had several on 2 different trucks and my personal experience and opinion there junk. Both mufflers after a few years started rattling and had to be replaced.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
Magnaflow kit would be good then, I like the flow master on my 94, changing the exhaust on my 2005 to a magnaflow

rob3827

Reaction score
I had a Gibson system on my '01 Suburban. Living in Philly the salt just ate it away in the winters. It fell apart. It only took about 4 years. I just put the factory system back. Might consider another system (flow master). Hope that this helps

silverado13

Reaction score
Magnaflow kit would be good then, I like the flow master on my 94, changing the exhaust on my 2005 to a magnaflow

spent $750 of a magnaflow catback for my 1997 when i first got it and it got pinched by a car lift when i was getting new tires, dont think ill be spending that much again on one

962000chevy

Reaction score
I have to recommend corsa, that's my choice for when I replace the exhaust on my 2000 they have a few options for our trucks. I'm actually planning on the cross db kit for mine when the time(money) comes.

silverado13

Reaction score
i did not think of corsa....wish i would have before i ordered my catback today, because ive heard good things from them, it came down to the gibson super truck catback, and a borla catback, i ended up going with the gibson after reading yalls responses for 2 reasons, here in the south, i dont have to worry about salt, and multiple people said it lasted them for 4 years.......at the price i paid for the catback, if it last 4 years id be more then happy, especially because i tend to change up exhaust setups ever 3-4 years anyways, i didnt get the borla becuase i couldnt find a reasonably priced system in 2.5 pipe, they were all 3 inch or bigger, and i dont want to have to play with adapting it

962000chevy

Reaction score
Well update us on how it goes I kinda need quiet at cruise because my baby daughter rides with me every morning to daycare. But regardless updates are required.

silverado13

Reaction score
should be here on the 13th, so next weekend it would be put on, but i have to do a write up because tomoorow my denali cluster should be in, yeah im excited

962000chevy

Reaction score
I'm kinda new to learning about these trucks what does the denali cluster provide?

962000chevy

Reaction score
The 120 is useless to me lol I've been fast in a trucky hypertech eliminated governor and its not fun to me. But trans temp is interesting. Definitely wanna see pics and swap info.

silverado13

Reaction score
psh, i have a caddy cluster in my 1997 and had the govenor taken off and have pegged the needle at 120, gmps got me up at 130, that was my irresponsible age but i like havuing the ability to, like if im running from a tornado or something

962000chevy

Reaction score
l used my 2000 to show a stock ( I'm guessing) mustang I liked fun too and I had my stock cluster pinned but thats not for me on the interstate.

silverado13

Reaction score
the suspension in my 1997 is loose as hell so its scary going over 100, thats why i decided to grow up and not die

962000chevy

Reaction score
That was my reasoning too and also passing a Georgia highway patrol car while your needle is pinned is a scary thing. I decided then I prefer speed limits and cheap insurance.

silverado13

Reaction score
i got pulled over for doing 99 in a 55 in a run down dodge neon, almost had him convinced that the car wasnt capable of going that fast, still got the ticket

962000chevy

Reaction score
Guy never hit the lights. Passing him felt like slow motion. I slowed down and haven't broken 80 since.

Members online

No members online now.