leather seats with memory

nate3531

Reaction score
Is there anything special to these? Like if I can get some from a Tahoe or sub will the wiring harness be in my truck and just work? I know there is a 10% chance of getting some in good shape but I am thinking of getting some and having them recovered. I just want the memory function and leather interior. :cool:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Its a great option to have. Even better when you have 2 people driving your truck. I have one setting, my wife has the other. My side mirrors even go into the correct position. You may want to looking to that too.

2003tahoe

Reaction score
I love my memory stuff and leather but there is one flaw, when my friends drive they purposly make the seat move and lean all the way foward or sometimes rear.

Old77

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We love it on our burb because it's my wife's dd but I drive it a lot too and we have our seats positioned very differently!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love my memory stuff and leather but there is one flaw, when my friends drive they purposly make the seat move and lean all the way foward or sometimes rear.

Ha ha I have done that a time or two. You need new friends. :p

WyoDenali

Reaction score
In our Denali the remote fob is what tells the truck to change. It changes not only the seat but the mirrors, climate control, and radio.

May take a lot to integrate it into something different.

Tim

Ozzie

Reaction score
I looked into swapping my 10 way seats from an older Tahoe into my newer ride that doesn't have them. Found that the wiring harnesses are different and a beetch to rewire. The harness controls something else as well - cant remember what - that complicates it It's doable but tricky from what I remember

sewlow

Reaction score
West Coast, Canada. 800' from the border.
a little off topic but how hard would it be to instal factory seat heaters?

Factory seat heaters have the wires embedded into the foam.
If ya ain't got 'em now, aftermarket heat pads are the only option.
Gotta remove the seat skins (covers) to get 'em in there.
Not a big deal, but it is a PITA to remove the seats & tear 'em down to the foam. That's the hardest part of the job.

But...before you install some, you should be aware of this. I'm not saying don't do this, just that fore-warned is fore-armed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/01/21/general-motors-seat-heater-burns/1842845/

2003tahoe

Reaction score
Factory seat heaters have the wires embedded into the foam.
If ya ain't got 'em now, aftermarket heat pads are the only option.
Gotta remove the seat skins (covers) to get 'em in there.
Not a big deal, but it is a PITA to remove the seats & tear 'em down to the foam. That's the hardest part of the job.

But...before you install some, you should be aware of this. I'm not saying don't do this, just that fore-warned is fore-armed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/01/21/general-motors-seat-heater-burns/1842845/

just get a bucket of ice after

nate3531

Reaction score
looking on ebay and local parts yards I think my only option will be to sell my truck and buy one optioned out lol. These seats are stupid priced, like $2,000 for the set, that is not even counting my back seat will still be cloth. Maybe I can get a nice truck with LT package and just recover the driver seat for 5-600. Might be cheaper that way. Plus get a 5.3 this time...still kicking myself for that one.

Members online

No members online now.