Lifting my truck / bigger tires

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
Hey guys. Been looking into possibly lifting my truck and putting bigger tires in the next few months or so...

Basically the size I want to accomplish is 305/55-R20. This is pretty close to a 33inch tire if I remember correctly. My truck's suspension is bone stock right now. What would my best options be for this size of tires?

Erki

Reaction score
How high do you want to go? You could most likely get away with a 4 inch if 33s are all you want or even just a leveling kit and a 1.5" body lift. Im basically a leveled 3/4 ton and I have 305/55/20 tires on. With some trimming the rubbing is minimal. But im hoping with the rcx 6" lift decranked to 4-5" ill clear better and have a better ride than my maxed out torsion keys right now. Just a guess though. It also depends on your wheel offset. More they stick out, more chance of rubbing while turning. Too far in and rub on sway bar.

burgundybeast04

Reaction score
How high do you want to go? You could most likely get away with a 4 inch if 33s are all you want or even just a leveling kit and a 1.5" body lift. Im basically a leveled 3/4 ton and I have 305/55/20 tires on. With some trimming the rubbing is minimal. But im hoping with the rcx 6" lift decranked to 4-5" ill clear better and have a better ride than my maxed out torsion keys right now. Just a guess though. It also depends on your wheel offset. More they stick out, more chance of rubbing while turning. Too far in and rub on sway bar.

I don't want to go any higher than I have to for these tires. I'm willing to trim the corners off my front bumper to fit these and I don't want to rub at all. I don't want my wheels to stick out either. They stick in about 1.5" right now with my flares. Also, I don't want to spend a fortune on this, but I don't want to compromise quality either.

02Beast

Reaction score
I don't want to go any higher than I have to for these tires. I'm willing to trim the corners off my front bumper to fit these and I don't want to rub at all. I don't want my wheels to stick out either. They stick in about 1.5" right now with my flares. Also, I don't want to spend a fortune on this, but I don't want to compromise quality either.

You no listening to me
Why u no listen bro?

Members online

No members online now.