ls1 vs 6.0 swap pros and cons?

CBurt

Reaction score
Jus curious as to everyone's thoughts on the subject. I have no idea where to start but my tired old 4.3 isn't cutting it.. ( currently at work, ill get more into detail later)

nate3531

Reaction score
The price difference between the two does not justify putting a high revving car engine in a truck for me. The 6.0 is a torque monster and much better suited to daily life in a heavy truck unless it is going to be a racer.

CBurt

Reaction score
The price difference between the two does not justify putting a high revving car engine in a truck for me. The 6.0 is a torque monster and much better suited to daily life in a heavy truck unless it is going to be a racer.

It is a 2wd rcsb, so i was thinkin about racing it every now and then but mostly street light to light. Haha.

CBurt

Reaction score
Well I might as well ask what everyones opinion on which 6.0 liter to go with when I go through with the swap? ? After a little more research, I found out there are way more 6.0 liter modela than I thought.

nate3531

Reaction score
Well I might as well ask what everyones opinion on which 6.0 liter to go with when I go through with the swap? ? After a little more research, I found out there are way more 6.0 liter modela than I thought.

That all depends on if you plan to use a power adder like nitrous or turbos. I would get an lq4 and add arp studs so I could do whatever I wanted later.

CBurt

Reaction score
i Most likely won't ever do any of that. After doing just the base swap, ill start doing the body work and things of that nature.. however ill most likely rebuild the engine before it goes in the truck either way, so ill replace with ARP everything, and do all my internal work at that time. Cant do anything till I figure out which platform to go with though. What makes you go with the lq4 over others? Just curious

962000chevy

Reaction score
I would go LQ4, flattops, 243s, maybe a TBSS intake along with the cam of your choice and that would be a monster on the cheap.

2003tahoe

Reaction score
I think the coils and stuff on the lq9 is a little hotter and call delta cams or add john bodwell on facebook the owner and tell hik richard richards sent ya its like under 160 for a custom grind cam

Reaction score
I'm a fan of no replacement for displacement, so every chance I can buy a 6.0 for anything I do. Pros of a 6.0 Factory 4" bore, full floating rods (LQ9), High Compression Hypereutectic pistons (LS2/LQ9), .020 over sized on some select models for more HP. Cons: Cast iron blocks ( trucks/vans/boats) Aluminum ( all cars and TBSS's).

And contrary to belief, they all rev high, some just not as high as others as weight, intake, gear ratio, etc.... all play a factor.

Just buy a 6.0 and call it a day. You can always keep it stock and be happy with a larger engine , then have a smaller one and have to spend $$$ to mod it to equal the perf. benefits of a larger motor. Hope this helps

IDLE CLIP

My Truck is 6.0 based, TSP cam (224/228 .581/.588 114 LSA)

sewlow

Reaction score
West Coast, Canada. 800' from the border.
Manomanoman!!! That sounds soooo good!
Possible to get a sound byte of it revving a bit? Maybe a run through 1st-2nd?

To the O.P. With an engine like this, you'll probably have about 3X-4X the ponies that that anemic six could even hope to put out on it's best day!
You're truck (I'm guessing) has a 3.42 rear gear. Drop a set of 3.73's behind that engine & Holy crappy crap, you'd have a freak-on-a-leash!
How many smiles per mile? ONE! It'd be continuous!
Giddyup!

And definitely use an EFIlive tune.
These guys are local, but most any tuner shop can produce similar results.
With data logging, you can see exactly what the engine is doing & what it requires to achieve peak performance.
Check the '68 Camaro. 530hp & 24mpg!

http://www.efituning.ca/testimonials.html

Reaction score
Manomanoman!!! That sounds soooo good!
Possible to get a sound byte of it revving a bit? Maybe a run through 1st-2nd?

To the O.P. With an engine like this, you'll probably have about 3X-4X the ponies that that anemic six could even hope to put out on it's best day!
You're truck (I'm guessing) has a 3.42 rear gear. Drop a set of 3.73's behind that engine & Holy crappy crap, you'd have a freak-on-a-leash!
How many smiles per mile? ONE! It'd be continuous!
Giddyup!

And definitely use an EFIlive tune.
These guys are local, but most any tuner shop can produce similar results.
With data logging, you can see exactly what the engine is doing & what it requires to achieve peak performance.
Check the '68 Camaro. 530hp & 24mpg!

http://www.efituning.ca/testimonials.html

It's actually got 4:56 gears

Sorry no rev clips...I will try to work on it, but how about some teasers instead

35-100 on stock Converter

60-110 on stock converter

Since those vids I have installed E-Fans, and 3200 Single disc Billet converter :) Makes those vids look super slow......OHhh and my bigs and littles for traction(.....wait whats that??)

Reaction score
HAHAHAHA, it was a merge lol... And my pinball machine dash board, it trips the lights after I wind it up past 6500 RPMs haha

CBurt

Reaction score
Pretty much what I'm looking at doing with mine. ..nice truck man, I bet people are shocked when they get blown away lol

Members online

No members online now.