performance information

silverado13

Reaction score
i really hate to mention other forums, but becuase no one here seems to be biting on performance information, and i have plans to cam my truck relatively soon, ill be at LS1tech.com.....just for performance ideas

Reaction score
I will kick off this thread, for a cam swap make sure you have a good intake and exhaust system( headers included, they will really help you take advantage of all that the cam has to offer ) next the cam ( lol ) followed by a good set of aftermarket valve springs ( comp, GM perf. division, patriot perf., Brian tooley, etc ) AND a set of hardened pushrods( these are a must due to higher spring rate pressures ). You will also want new water pump gaskets( or a new pump ) you will removing it to do the swap, a new harmonic balancer bolt will also be needed as this is a " one and done " item, you will need a quality torque wrench, a valve spring compressor, a compression tester ( you will use the air fitting end to pressurize the cylinder to prevent the valve from falling into the motor, a new oil pump " o-ring " ( this is what tends to fail, and draws air past the seal and mixes with the oil creating poor oil pressure, but a new is realitively cheap ) goo rtv sealant, timing cover gasket, crank seal, and a weekend of time to do the job, then when finishe the job install the performance stall converter, then when done that, install new ring and pinion, then when done that, install bigger cam etc etc lol

2003tahoe

Reaction score
Try delta cams for what else than hand made shoes and i can get you a pair of heads down at my friends shop vw autoworks in friendswood-pearland and just ask for anything else also ill try to get ahold of my friend so i can get you in contact with flaco just need to figure out what phone number is the right one

Members online

No members online now.