Quadrasteer

bucket

Reaction score
So I know you could get a 2500 Burb with Quadrasteer and a 6.0 liter, I've seen them and driven them. But was the Quadrasteer option available along with the 8.1 big block?

Bonecollector

Reaction score
I've only seen a handful of regular 8.1L let alone quadrasteer, I've only seen 1 in person, those suburbans with quadrasteer look cool with the lights in the flares, I think all those vehicles are on the less than common list

GMT

Reaction score
You could get a 2500 Suburban / YukonXL with either Quadrasteer, or an 8.1L big block, but NOT both. You had to choose.

The Quadrasteer rear steering axle uses a Dana 60 with Dana's friction disc "Trac Lok" limited slip. That particular limited slip arrangement has an input torque limit that the 8.1L engine exceeds.

Bonecollector

Reaction score
You could get a 2500 Suburban / YukonXL with either Quadrasteer, or an 8.1L big block, but NOT both. You had to choose.

The Quadrasteer rear steering axle uses a Dana 60 with Dana's friction disc "Trac Lok" limited slip. That particular limited slip arrangement has an input torque limit that the 8.1L engine exceeds.

Interesting, I have seen my 2nd quadrasteer, a really beat up 05 or 06 Denali ecsb can't remember

Did meet a guy that had a Yukon XL with the 8.1L, lifted and everything super sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.